Sunday, October 8, 2023

What happens next

 I was shocked. It was yesterday morning, a Saturday, I decided to sleep in and also decided that this day, I would NOT immediately look at the NEWS app on my phone or even risk a sneak peek at any Cable News Network on the TV. I could not start another day listening to sound bites regarding any or all Republican Treasonists declaring war against the United States.  My son Adam called, and I heard with the intonation of his first word, to me, “DAD,” a very uncomfortable and awful emotion. “What do you think is going to happen,” he blurted. Adam’s tone, his abruptness, I immediately went into my Dad mode, and said, “Are you okay, what happened to you?’ “You don’t know,” Adam interrupted, Dad, put on the news, Hamas invaded Israel!”

 

Still holding my phone to my ear, as Adam was trying to update me on the events in Israel, I reached for the remote, and stunned, shocked, and overwhelmingly saddened, I witnessed the video of something so horrendous that all I could do was heave a very deep and heavy breathe into my gut. And I heard Adam say, “Dad, this is bad, what is going to happen next?”

 

Almost 50 years ago, was the Yom Kippur War, the Six Day War. Yesterday was the Jewish holiday of Shmini Atzeret, and today is the Jewish holiday of Simchat Torah, perhaps the Terrorists believe that waging war on a Jewish Holiday is the right thing to do, when in fact all you know to do is to wage war on the Israelis, and sadly within their own communities. And now the Iranian-supported Terrorists of Hezbollah are at the ready in the North to attack.

 

Kidnapping innocents, children, men, and women, somehow makes the Hamas male terrorists seem more macho. If they didn’t need to find their testosterone by kidnapping innocents, then they would not do so. Cowards, they are, hypocrites they are, pretending that what they do is for their God, pretending to become Gods.

 

I had to wait a day to post my BLOG, because I felt so helpless. One more day when BAD PEOPLE seem to be winning. One more day when EVIL PEOPLE seem to be triumphing. One more day in which it seems all I am armed with are my words. One more day I remain sad, worried, and  wonder, as my son Adam, “What is going to happen next?”