Friday, November 24, 2023

"As In"

 Retirements Surge in Congress in Wake of GOP House Speaker Drama. November announcements by Democratic and Republican House lawmakers are the most in more than a decade. (Wall Street Journal)

As I read the entirety of this article a few things stood out. The average term length for this group of “I WANT OUT,” House members is about 12 terms. 12 X 2 equals 24 years that these same people, have served in Congress. 24 years as in a major part of your professional career has been in the House of Representees. As in “Ya didn’t see this happening?” As in where the fuck were you before the fact, rather than after the fact?

 

Another theme within this article is how these future retirees are just so sick of Partisan politics, as in others were acting in a Partisan manner. As in I never followed orders from my own Leadership. As in as long as following orders kept me in Congress, I followed orders.

 

And then this, some lawmakers of both parties have concluded that Congress is just not going to be a productive place, as in everyone else needs to work together. As in I wanted to play fair, but the environment was making me not play fair. As in “don’t blame it on me.”

 

How convenient, indeed. These Politicians wanna be elected, and become “Muckers,” (big shots), until it becomes more convenient to quit. Hmm, so here is my remedy, I mean I am just an American citizen, so what do I know, or is it, what makes me think I should know anything about our Congress?

 

Here is my remedy for the sudden, “I can’t believe my eyes,” current crop of Congress People. Give them 4 years to make a difference, instead of having to fundraise and run every two years. After four years, if they are lousy then it is someone else’s turn to try. And if they were decent, let them run again waiting a few years to do so. Stop making Gerrymandered Districts legal. Lousy Congress people, usually come from places where there is no real competition and no real motivation to do the people’s business. Oh and finally remove Dark Money, Light Money, and Any Money from bankrolling and owning these Politicians, cut those damned puppet strings. Try doing this as in actually making the voters a priority!