Wednesday, November 22, 2023

we know how it might end

 All of the arguments favoring a self-pardon rest heavily on the apparently open-ended text of the Constitution’s pardon clause, which reads: “The President … shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.” Regardless of any attendant bells and whistles, the pro-self-pardon arguments boil down to the assertion that the words of the clause grant power without limit, and because the words do not expressly say that the President can’t pardon himself, then the opposite must be true — he can. (Just Security)

Even as I sit at my computer ready to write my Blog regarding the subject of Presidential Powers, I can already feel my heart racing, and the urgency of my anxiety at the ready to take control of my breathing. Throughout my life, there have been moments in time where I felt helpless and sometimes hopeless. This is one of those moments, that has me wondering, why should I deal with something like this which feels so overwhelming, and so out of my capacity to change it. But as in my past, when current events, human interactions, and the winds of doom so ominous and frightening began to pounce upon me, I would not give up or give in. I had to persevere because, as I saw if I became one more victim of that army of evil, they then could place one more notch in their horrible belt leading them on to victory. So even as I try using my Cognitive Behavior Therapy exercises, hoping my breathing will return to normal and my heart will stop trying to burst out of my chest, I write, as if my life depends on using my words to stop the hand of fate from slapping me, my family, my friends face down to the ground.

 

I rhetorically beg the question, and honestly with a real zest to truly understand the question, ask, why do those of us who actually read history, and share a need for justice, values, and facts, sit by as way too many pretend, to forget history, prefer justice that only suits themselves, pamper themselves with fiction that fits the moment, feigning the need for values? I sadly know one answer, and that, just as sadly makes me as anxious as asking the question--- is it that POWER is the PRIORITY, so self-preservation becomes raison d'etre!

 

Washington knew that the name he answered to would not only set the tone for his position but also establish and authenticate the security of the entire American government. Conscious of his conduct, Washington accepted the simple, no-frills title adopted by the House: “The President of the United States”. (Mt. Vernon.org) Always too late, so it seems the Congress of the United States reacts, never one to be proactive, it seems they prefer rush, rush, hurry, hurry, and go nowhere on time. TRUMP has made it perfectly clear he plans on becoming one more Dictator, Authoritarian, and Despot, and his first move if elected as KING, will be to set himself free!