Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Good News

 Good news! You're bound to do me good,

come right here to me good news.

Good news! you're what I’ve waited for

I wasn’t slated for blues.

Good news is welcome to me!

Bad news is hell come to me! (Good News/Buddy DeSylva)

 

DEMOCRATS DEFEAT THE POLLS. Democrats yesterday continued to perform better at the polls than in the polls. (The Atlantic)

 

Democrats won the Kentucky governorship by a comfortable margin, romped to a lopsided victory in an Ohio ballot initiative ensuring abortion rights, and easily captured an open Pennsylvania Supreme Court seat. Most impressive, Democrats held the Virginia state Senate and were projected to regain control of the Virginia state House, despite an all-out campaign from Republican Governor Glenn Youngkin to win both chambers. (The Atlantic)

 

Moms for Liberty Candidates Rejected by Voters in Key School Board Elections. Agenda PAC-endorsed candidates secure victory across multiple states, marking a significant defeat for Moms for Liberty and their anti-LGBTQ+ educational agenda. (ADVOCATE) Moms for Liberty Candidates were completely slaughtered in Iowa, which should give certain prominent Republicans pause. Democrats recaptured school boards in Pennsylvania. And, in Albemarle, Virginia, Antonin Scalia's daughter was beaten in her race for school board. (Esquire)

 

Today, Wednesday, November 8, 2023, I felt my gut release, my heart beat a bit slower, my angst seemed less angry, and I actually muttered the sentence, “People might actually, defy evil, and fight for good.” I know, I certainly make myself aware that the kind of evil, we have witnessed isn’t easily defeated by the Good News we received via the 2023 Elections results, but damn, to watch whole communities fight back at Republican Theocratic Fascism makes a great stepping stone forward.

 

Good News is good news when it defeats Bad News, even for the time being!