Tuesday, February 13, 2024

DISGUST

  

This day on the Cape is a gray, white gloom, filled with giant snowflakes falling from the sky resembling more of a confetti drop intended to smother any living creature unlucky enough to be caught outside. There is an eerie silence that is upended when the gusts of wind barrels through the empty branches of the trees, mimic what I imagine to be the sound of a very angry banshee. My desk faces a window, I oftentimes, sit here before I begin to write, mesmerized by the grandeur of how great and small the world around me can be. and get lost in the beauty of nature. I am bundled in my sweatshirt and sweat pants, with my hoodie tightly tied around my head. Somehow when I think I need a little extra protection from the rants and raves of Mother Nature, I SWADDLE, (a breathable blanket to help them feel calm and sleepy). Having time to ruminate and fixate I made the mistake of reading about the myriad of ways and means, the GOP means to end American Democracy now and forever. I am sharing just a tiny few. I figure that my disgust for these TRAITORS may outweigh my disgust for the weather!

 

Tucker Carlson: Moscow 'so much nicer than any city in my country'

Pundit Tucker Carlson called Moscow “nicer” than any city in the United States and praised Russian President Vladimir Putin’s governing of the massive world superpower. (The Hill)

 

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) has filed a bar complaint against New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) over former President Trump’s civil fraud case.

Stefanik, the House Republican Conference Chair, confirmed on X, formerly known as Twitter, that she filed a complaint alleging James has conducted a biased investigation into the former president. “Today, I filed a bar complaint against NY Attorney General Letitia James for violating the Rules of Professional Conduct by conducting a biased investigation and prosecution of President Trump,” her post said. (The Hill)

 

Sen. Tommy Tuberville raised a few eyebrows last week when he suggested that Vladimir Putin is genuinely interested in “a peace agreement,” because the Russian leader said so during an interview with Tucker Carlson. (MSNBC) It’s a position rooted in the idea that the United States would go a long way toward “helping Ukraine” if we curtailed aid and made it easier for Russia to win faster.

This is the same Senate Republican who argued, in the immediate aftermath of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, that responsibility for the war should fall on the Biden administration, congressional Democrats, and “the West in general.”-Senator Ron Johnson (MSNBC)

 

GOP Sen. Marco Rubio defended former President Donald Trump’s controversial comment that he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to a NATO member country that didn’t meet defense spending guidelines. (CNN)