Saturday, August 10, 2019

in recess, still

I had to turn off the TV, as fast as I could, when there was a clip of a young brown-skinned girl, speaking Spanish, with English subtitles, crying, standing by herself, telling the camera (always need some good footage), that her father is not a criminal why are they taking him away from her. I imagined my kids, as young as this little girl, watching someone arrest me, rough me up, and place me in a van. I imagined my kids watching as the ICE Agents, or the fuckling Border Patrol, all members of Trump’s SS/Gestapo, pleased as punch to be King of the Hill, because their own miserable lives SUCKED. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW ORDERS IF YOU HAVE A CONSCIENCE!

Then I wondered, what Prince and Princess Kushner’s kids would feel as Mom and Dad are finally carted off to a penitentiary for their treasonous crimes against America. I wondered if Jared and Ivanka even gave thought as to the kind of trauma their offspring would suffer watching their removal in front of their children! Then I realized that both the Prince and Princess have grown up in households where crime and strong-arming people is just a natural day in life!

AND WE STILL HAVE CONGRESSIONAL RECESS…kids in Concentration Camps…recess…lead poisoning in Flint…recess…kids placed in the for-profit adoption homes owned by the DeVos Family…recess, kids tortured/sexually harassed…recess…kids not accounted for, just out THERE…recess! And the Dem candidates are still running around the country telling us what they will do if elected…Pelosi begs the Trump to call back Congress…Chuckie Schumer remains invisible…Talking Heads appalled…Oh yeah, and Wal-Mart stops the sales of video games, AS FUCKING IF, no more lives will be ruined by guns…and Congress is on RECESS!