Friday, August 16, 2019

the "Mitches"

It was the 60’s, and we were young…we meaning my sisters and I and the ways of the world were either described by my father a policeman or Walter Cronkite on CBS, KDKA TV Channel Two in Pittsburgh. We understood the local environment via my father reporting on the crime and or lack of in our own neighborhood, and we all listened intently as Walter Cronkite explained the ways of the world, from the Cuban Barricade, Cuban Missile Crisis to the assassinations of JFK and MLK. If we wanted the truth about the world, it was Walter Cronkite, and the news of Pittsburgh was my father, a Sergeant of Police in Squirrel Hill. But more than that in the early 60’s life was no more than our particular street, and the gossip spread by the kids living on our street, who seemed to know more than of our parents.  But back in the day, my mother would complain, too often, now that I reminisce, about having something called the “MITCHIES.” It was a made-up word, that when translated into Buncher language meant she was anxious or nervous…but we were young and did not really want to know that our mother might be suffering from any kind ailment, mental or physical.

The “MITCHIES”, my siblings and I later came to describe as a nervous feeling in your gut, the kind that causes the proverbial “butterflies in the stomach,” which can be a good thing, like the anticipation of a vacation or a gift, or a bad thing such as sensing doom and gloom. As I reflect back to the “old school” days, most of my mother’s “MITCHIES,” were caused by depression, and a sense that tomorrow may not be any better than today. My mother hopefully is with her family in place somewhere in the universe, where no “MITCHIES” are permitted.

Trump/Barr/#Moscow Mitch and the entire enabling Republican Party, and recently the Dems who are till ON RECESS, (as if nothing fucking up this nation is taking place), have given me my mother’s “MITCHIES.” I am depressed, anxious, full of angst and anger. None of the Third Reich and the dictatorship of Trump should be happening, but with little push back, here we are in the days of doom!

The “MITCHIES,”  as I stated earlier can be the prelude of something good…most of the time not…what bothers me most, among the dozen of Trump  Crimes committed and enabled by the MAGA/GOP…is the idea that orphaned kids, kids in Concentration Camps, kids in Betsy DeVos Adoption Agencies, must be consumed with the negative side of the “MITCHIES.” Will, they ever see an end to sexual harassment, separation…and how will the images of their parents arrested and dragged away be erased.  Fuck the GOP, and honest to God, FUCK Pelosi, Schumer and the Dems who are still on RECESS, as if they must obey some kind of law, while kids and families of brown skin suffer dire consequences… Oh yeah, I have emailed Pelosi five times, you think I have heard back…but she knows how to send me emails telling me that my $5 is going to save the 2020 elections! The last email I received actually was signed, thank you, Nancy!