Tuesday, August 20, 2019

my foot steps

“Now I'm not looking for absolution Forgiveness for the things I do But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes Try walking in my shoes” (‘Walking In My Steps/Martin Gore)
Remember, those young faces from Syria, with shock and awe, (not the BRAVADO type Bush bragged about) but of sheer terror, disbelief, desolation standing alone with bombed buildings blatantly blown to nothing but shattered bricks…remember, the swollen bodies of babies, kids, mothers, fathers, lying on the beaches as if they were seaweed, or the carcass of some anonymous jellyfish belly bloated and dead, left to wither on the sands…remember the lines and lines of kids escaping from their classrooms, all of them and the their teachers with hand held up high as if they might be the bad guy, trying to get to the safety net of school buses or police cars, because no one really knew who held the assault weapons, and no one was certain how many remained dead in the classrooms most likely with their hands held over their eyes or in a position praying to be the next victim of gun violence…remember how thoughts and prayers were accumulated as an answer to the innocent being held hostage to the nightmares of living in a world where no one in power really gave or gives a shit…remember how HORRIFIED we were…and then we moved on.

“Morality would frown upon Decency look down upon The scapegoat fate's made of me, But I promise now, my judge and jurors My intentions couldn't have been purer My case is easy to see” (‘Walking In My Steps/Martin Gore)
Remember, when they were called Detention Centers, but then became Warehouses filled with too many occupants, as if they were the slaughterhouses for cattle pushed and shoved into tiny slots of hit and sludge, and NOW they are nothing but Trump Concentration Camps. Remember when we discovered concrete floors, silver blankets at one time only used by the EMS in emergencies a cover from the shock of trauma,, bedding. Remember when we actually cried a bit knowing kids were sexually harassed, molested , orphaned, and murdered by the American version of the SS/Gestapo, NOW known as ICE and the Border Patrol…(remember wondering how German soldiers pushing and shoving Jews/Gypsies/Catholics and presumed enemies of the state from cattle cars, off the trains, hitting them riffles permitting German Sheppard Guard Dogs to attack the elderly, the sick, the weak…and confused how THESE humans could live with themselves…only to hear later on “we were just following orders.” Remember when the Media, cared enough and the Congress cared enough to keep, this inhuman treatment of HUMANS important and relevant!

“You'll stumble in my footsteps Keep the same appointments I kept If you try walking in my shoes If you try walking in my shoes” (‘Walking In My Steps/Martin Gore)
Blah, blah, blah, debate, debate, debate, talking heads, talking heads, talking heads, RECESS, RECESS, RECESS. Three more attempted mass shootings, lying about universal back ground checks, no priority of immigration reform, no intention upon safe guarding our elections…vote for me, no vote for me…tariffs, but I still believe if trump hates the same people as I do I may go broke but he has my back…Pelosi, pretending it isn’t time for almost about anything, Schumer faking his anger by just pointing his finger, and nothing else…and as I repeat myself…RECESS/RECESS/RECESS. And the Dems are still in the process of eating themselves alive, the GOP is still fearful of a handful of goons who hate democracy, AND Trump’s dementia, psychopathic, narcissistic machinations, and mania remain. We pretend that some outdated protocol that only #Moscow Mitch can convene the Congress back to town and refuse to rebel against his dictatorial lack of deliberation and respect for democracy IS the only reason nothing can change. And the biggest LAUGH within the LOONY BIN we now call America is how so many pretend the 2020 Election will be any different than the invasion by Russia of our 2016 Election!






No comments :