Friday, August 3, 2012

you do, i don't


Former presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Wednesday greeted customers at a Chick-Fil-A drive-through window.
Gingrich was on hand at an Anderson, South Carolina outlet to support the beleaguered fast-food chain which has come under heavy criticism after its CEO, Dan Cathy, said that gay marriage is “inviting God's judgment on our nation.” (On Top Magazine)
On Wednesday under the leadership of Mike Huckabee, ordained Baptist minister, ex Governor of Arkansas and a past presidential Republican aspirant, as  a show of force to stop the assault on religious freedom thousands of Christian minded God fearing souls lined up to eat a chick fil A.  And on Wednesday, as on today, Friday, the religious can still go to church, carry a Bible, pray to God, but I as a Gay man can not marry the man I love.
Today, Friday, Gay activists are promoting a kiss in at all chick Fil A stores to protest the discriminatory words  and actions as stated by Dan Cathy. Men will be embracing men with lips locked and women will kiss another woman. Today, Friday, the Christian crusaders who only say they are doing Gods work  can still go to Bible study, use Jesus’s name to hate, and gather in congregations interpreting the word of God as they see fit. Today, Friday, with the exception of a few states, and some of those states are still not on firm legal ground, I can not say “I do” to the man I love. I must fill out reams of papers to get permission to visit the man I love if he is in the hospital, and I can not be considered a family unit in the eyes of the Federal Government.
On Wednesday THRICE married Newt Gingrich, (two of his thrice were after he committed adultery), stood at the take out window at Chick fil A. Dan Cathy who so stated that he and his fellow Chick fil A officers are still married to their first wives (kind of sounds so old school Mormon) had no words of condemnation for thrice married Newt handing out sandwiches.  Seems Dan Cathy’s vehement rant about the the definition of Biblical marriage pertains to those Mr. Cathy likes discount, not God.
Today, while Newt Gingrich goes home to his third wife, Senator David Vitter tells his wife once again that the affair with the prostitute was an indiscretion, Anthony Weiner forgoes tweeting his body parts to other women then his wife, Bill Clinton says he did not have sex with another woman, I still can’t marry the man I love and have loved. My non adulterous relationship, my sleeping with and making love to only one man, my lack of infidelity equates to zero and I still can’t marry the man I love. And Dan Cathy says publicly that gay marriage is “inviting God's judgment on our nation.”
FOX News invites all true Americans, those who fear their religious freedoms are becoming less and more restrictive proudly showcases the throngs of not only good Americans, but good Christian Americans lining up to protest the anarchist boycott of the Gays. MSNBC pounds the soap box explaining just how the religious are waging war on the Constitution, and that stated clearly in the Constitution is the division between church and state. Some of my friends feel Dan Cathy is the victim because all he was doing was using his first amendment rights. Some of my friends feel that the poison spewed by Dan Cathy is the tip of an iceberg of prejudice, bigotry and homophobia. And today, Friday, unlike millions and millions of other Americans in this nation I CAN NOT go to City Hall and get a marriage license. 
Former presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Wednesday greeted customers at a Chick-Fil-A drive-through window. The man who left one wife while she was ill and another wife just because he found another babe he preferred stood at a pick up window shouting the praises of Biblical marriage, proclaiming as did Dan Cathy that same sex marriage will destroy the foundations and morals of America. And if Newt Gingrich gets tired of is third wife, he can once again marry another woman. And on Friday, I still CAN NOT marry the man I love.
If this whole thing is about free speech and Dan Cathy has the right to recite bogus and bigotry, I want my free speech to just say two words...I do! No church, no marriage, no other institution will be harmed, maimed, or destroyed when I say I do. all that might happen is that the walls of hate will begin to crumble.

1 comment :

Jemm said...

Chik-fil-a is an anomaly. This flap just exposes the Bible Beaters for what they are...anecdotal believers. They'll seize on one notion of the faith while ignoring Jesus's overall message of compassion and tolerance. Odd, that they choose to ostrcize rather than celebrate diversity. By the way, Anderson, SC is an isolated small town in the NW corner of the state. The buckle of the Bible Belt.