Sunday, June 11, 2017

Happy Pride

Today is the Resistance March in LA. Instead of a parade to celebrate Pride, we will march. I am volunteering, not sure what my responsibilities will entail, but I will be included with the voices of many who somehow feel we have not been heard. When Trump came to power, I realized that being quiet was no longer an option. When my election was stolen by the Russians with the collusion of the GOP I knew that silence could only equal death. When my freedoms became optional, my expected equalities became debatable, when my mere existence as an American suddenly was to be decided by the whims of a paid for politico, whose bribes from lobbyists weighed more than my civil rights, I understood that if not now when!

Lies, and bull shit, alternative news, facts as fancy, NOPE, that will not do for me. Trump will not change, he can’t, he is that mentally ill, that to change is impossible.  It is the Republican Party who must be willing to make the changes. It is those who believed the Republican party as Patriots, only to find them as allies of Vladimir Putin, who must insist on change. And I am tired of waiting as the Dems play by the rules as if the Republicans and the Trump voters actually care for any rules.  Each day we grow closer to anarchy, and a dictatorship which will eventually affect even the whitest of male citizens in this nation.


Today will be a few hours of my life in which I can shout, scream, vent, but actually be heard regarding the silencing of democracy in this nation. I am not sure why many I know have not made their voices heard regarding the sheer degradation and destruction of our nation…so today, I will be loud and I will be proud. Happy Pride!