Friday, December 27, 2019

Finding Neverland

“I see it all around us In every single color And every dimension Crowns the reinvention And if it is black then it's white
And when it is dark then it's light So fill in all the spaces With imaginary places It's so frustrating When no one else sees
Everything you see…” (Believe/Finding Neverland/Barlow/Kennedy/Frankel)

In my senior year of High School, I was a Lost Boy (Curly), and the choreographer for our class play “Peter Pan, directed by Lenore Musoff, (a teacher of the century as far as I was, and am concerned-but that will be another blog.) Our Senior Class Play still resonates with amazing memories, of friendships, creativity, and the magic of being on a stage, and permitting the imaginary world of music and comedy, and the story of never having to grow up, remain for me as an important purpose and place in my life. Peter Pan found Neverland and introduced a place where good DID triumph over bad…where wrongs was never right…and purpose in life was to live it with love, not devour it with the despair and doom, which nowadays seems like the low hanging fruit!

My husband Joe wondered why I haven’t written one of my, maybe there is hope in the world blogs, which somehow I tend to create near the end of the year, I gave him a look of what the fuck, we are living in the time and turmoil of Trump, so what exactly is hopeful!!!! Joe and I are lucky enough to be in North Truro, six miles east of our Neverland, Provincetown, and as our 10-seater plane with its two propellers was flying above the Cape, me looking down at the light choppy waters, I began to contemplate, my world, and how I see it! The sad part was, the worry the angst, the anger from which I view the state of our Union, has overwhelmed me.  And I knew and know I must be vigilant and LOUD. So as the lyrics of the song from ‘Finding Neverland’ suggest…” it’s so frustrating when no one else sees everything you see…”  So, I will look for hope, and heart, and human kindness, I WILL try to imagine a world in which all of those are a priority…BUT I will never be silent until I can just stop imagining that justice and freedom and love…and embrace a world made better, by the sheer energy of people with conscience, and soul. I want to find Neverland, not just for a few weeks in a year, but forever!