Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dear Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman


“So far, about morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after, and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.”/Ernest Hemmingway-----“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”/Saint Augustine.
Dear Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman,
I am but one of 328.2 million Americans, much older than you, a grandson of immigrant one grandparent from Kyiv Ukraine, two from and Braila Romania, and actually one from Pittsburgh United States. I was born into a Jewish Family, and have practiced my version of that religion, relying on my relationship with a God with whom I speak to and speaks to me. I am a Baby Boomer, growing up Post World War II, and a Great Depression, both of which left my parents with experiences to enhance, evolve, and enrich my life. I went to school when we did Pledge Allegiance to the Flag folded our hands and recited the ‘Lord’s Prayer’ and listened as our Public-School Teachers read a chapter or psalm from the New Testament. I grew up during the end of the McCarthy Witch Hunt, based on politics and created by a spiteful and anarchistic Senator, Joseph McCarthy. I was only 5 years old when  Boston lawyer Joseph Welch finally stood tall and stood up against this BULLY SENATOR and said: "Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness." When McCarthy tried to continue his attack, Welch angrily interrupted, "Let us not assassinate this lad further, senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?"

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, you do not know me, and most likely the vast, vast majority of the 328.2 other Americans, for whom you dedicated your adult professional life to honor, serve, keep safe, and protect, but I and we know you, and the overwhelming majority of this collective, thank you for your dedication and service. But for me, SIR, I thank you for prioritizing the democratic principles of this nation, the Constitution of a nation (which may not always be a tuned to the current needs of this nation), and understanding good from bad, right from wrong, Patriotism from Anarchy. Your forced decision to retire based on a feckless and mentally deranged President is a saddened and maddened happenstance but know the HERO you have become. Sincerely, and with all respect, Gerry Buncher!
"Over the last months, LTC Vindman has been guided by a very simple and very American principle: 'here, right matters.' He has spoken publicly once, and only pursuant to a subpoena from the United States Congress. Compelled to testify, this decorated soldier was thrust into a conversation that goes to the heart of our country's values, and its future," the statement continued. "Through a campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, the President of the United States attempted to force LTC Vindman to choose: Between adhering to the law or pleasing a President," Pressman wrote. "Between honoring his oath or protecting his career. Between protecting his promotion or the promotion of his fellow soldiers. These are choices that no one in the United States should confront, especially one who has dedicated his life to serving it."
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.”/Theodore Roosevelt