Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Reading is FUNDAMENTAL

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL: With the help of Lady Bird Johnson and Arthur White, Margaret McNamara's 1966 experience led to the formation of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), a nonprofit children's literacy organization dedicated to making reading a fun and beneficial part of everyday life. It was Tuesday, July 28, 2020, I arrived home from my summer job, irked at life today, just because life seemed irksome and erroneous, and almost irreverent. Too many people around me today, even in my Neverland called Provincetown, too many people pushing and shoving, mask-wearing but tired of it and finding it too tedious, caring, being careful, but careless enough to just be in the way. We all are feeling the pressure of enough is enough, but perceiver, except of course for those deems the PRIVILEGED CLASS, they pounce and prance, and parade and presume their shit is the kind of purified existence. I returned home, reluctantly put on MSNBC, hoping to hear the lowlights of Willie VON Barr’s lies and deceptions, but instead reading from his prepared text, as might a first-grade student learning his use of sentences and words with more than one syllable, Trump, hunched over, (I hear it is his truss that causes him to lean forward, otherwise the lower vertebrae of his back would implode), almost using his fingers to point to each word, recited a litany of lies and fabrication written by the folks who find Fascism the new Democracy and a fanatic the new fancy!

And then a Trump droned on and on and on, trying to pronounce hard words other than TREMENDOUS, OR BEAUTIFUL OR BIGGER, OR PERFECT, his ego was tugging hard enough at his corpse that to no one’s unexpected dismay, he rapped a free form melody of ME, ME, MINE! I listened, no longer able to watch as my eyes warned my brain you might lose sight, my ears still hanging on for good life…I listened and heard the following:

Why do people like Dr. Fauci more than me and why does he have a bigger fan base than me….I have used the Defense production Act more times than the fake press has acknowledged, and get to love for doing that…I am spending billions on Kodak, a fine name and even though they never went digital and lost lots of money, they are now going to make fantastic COVID vaccines…I won’t be using the Defense Production Act for masks or gowns because good American Corporations, they best are doi9ng that on their own. And then he assured us that Abbot Industries has enough Rapid COVID Tests, more than we ever had, millions more, and everyone will be able to get tested ( of course never telling us when or where, and how.) Trump then beamed about the rising economy and its health, never once sharing any remorse or sympathy for the over 150,000 American deaths and when asked about a day of mourning, said that would be too negative, he IS a positive kind of guy, and then he knows that because the ECONOMY will soon be THRIVING! And somewhere along the way when he once again veered from his reading list, he proclaimed a doctor, wearing a very NICE white coat, surrounded by other doctors wearing very nice white coats, who that hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, is truly the REAL vaccine for the CORONAVIRUS! (This same doctor has been documented to also insist that many illnesses are caused by demons.)

My little Chance, our puppy dog at eleven years old, thank goodness whined, I thought at first because he too had had enough of Trump, but then I realized it was his dinner time…(although he has an uncanny habit of whining at weird things.) and my ears like my eyes went on lockdown sending an impulse to my arms running to my hands explaining to my fingers, shut off the fucking TV. And it was quiet, except NOT because even in the shadows fear and horror awaits. I am certain Trump will READ some more PR on Wednesday, his people telling him it is FUNDAMENTAL, but it is so TEDIOUS TO read when instead you can spout off bull shit without ever pulling down your pants, and have it come out of your mouth instead of all those written words!