Sunday, July 12, 2020

frozen

I awoke today, my usual 6:AM get out of bed. Started my usual morning routine. But as I finished that morning pee, washing my hands, exiting from the bathroom, ready to approach my computer, and write my blog; I stopped. I froze, turned to look at the TV in my bedroom ready to reach the remote, and instantly find MSNBC, but I froze. I then walked to the stand upon which my phone had charged during the night, outstretched hand to reach it, and hit the News APP, and I froze. Thank goodness, my little honey rescue dog Chance was ON his schedule, and with the help of his high pitch “FEED ME” squeal, I un-froze and walked into the kitchen, and skipping all of the usual previous machinations and OCD actions, just stood, inhaling the quiet of the morning in North Truro, and froze!

The family of wild turkeys began their sojourn from the Bay to our backyard, in unison, and as they paraded by our back door I watched as they performed their rituals. Chance was now ready for his morning constitutional, and I took him outside, just as the last turkey gobbled a warning to me as if she was saying hold on dude!. Chance smelled the air, inhaled whatever fragrance wild turkey leaves in the wind, and pooped and peed! It was already humid, and Chance was having none of this and we returned into the airconditioned dining room. There was still time on my hands before I prepared for work, and once again, I walked toward the remote in the living room but hesitated, then a pinch or a poof, or a tang, or a tingle hit my gut and it ran roughshod to my brain saying, NEWS, you need to know the NEWS. I began to look for my phone, but after the first step forward toward my bedroom, I froze, again.

No, I said so loud, that Chance stopped in his tracks. Not today, I CANNOT permit the NEWS to assert itself into my life. Never, will I remain silent, but today, I just froze, thinking, my rants and raves, and retributes will remain alive, but they will wait. I stood standing in my living room, with a perfect view of the front yard and back yard, and I was in mind frozen, hoping that whatever the NEWS, at for this moment in the morning, I and it could separate for just a little while! It is now 5:05 EST and I am writing my blog. So glad today I froze, even though all around me the melting of society continued!