Friday, July 3, 2020

let talk freedom

I was walking the back roads of my new town North Truro, (on Thursday, July 2, 2020) situated on the Cape, admiring the quiet, watching the wild turkeys pecking and pawing at whatever turkeys decide is dinner, observing the variety of birds, seemingly flying free swooping and diving, had on my mask in case the occasional bike rider or jogger passed by, listening to the best of Crosby, Nash, Neil, and Young, recalling my years in college…almost living in a perfect day during a wonderful time, and just being in the Here and Now, albeit playing the music from a time long ago, when I thought the world could and would be mine! And then, the Road by happenstance is named Yellow Brick Road, I saw two signs on the lawn each stating Black Lives Matter. I smiled and thought even here in the midst of a nomads environment sane people dwell, and sensible people understand what is important and what is not. But alas, this sudden jolt back into reality caused my brain to once again perseverate and run amuck, declaring, to me, Trump is still alive, he is still in office, and he is still a schmuck, and most importantly, there are minions of mindless bigots who worship his every movement; no matter how phony or plastic, and are still the problem and not the solution.

So even with the best of CSNY blaring in my earbuds, I began to think and realized I needed to vocalize via my blog, my disgust with what reality has turned into, nothing but hypocrisy. I returned home and out of pure habit had MSNBC spilling the latest beans on the nonsense which has become our politics and after 10 minutes of being reminded how selfish some Americans have been, and perhaps always were, I turned off the TV, and returned to my trusty computer, my brain awash with all too much indecent incidents of regarding the bull shit of the MAGA and the Republican Party who so well enables all of the crazy which is Trump.

More folks are all pissy and pouty that their personal freedoms are being denied ranging from their inability to get plastered on alcohol at their favorite bar, old geezers unable to ride their golf carts, or play golf, young dudes who feel that the steroids they take make them immune to COVID, so gyms should be open for them, to the females who say girls just want to have fun. And I said to MYSELF…what the fuck…ya want to talk about NO FREEDOM and THIS BEING A FREE COUNTRY…well here are some real examples douchebags! The LGBTQ community still has to worry about walking down the street holding hands and even coming out at their workplace. Females are still being denied access to health clinics, from which they should be able to freely decide about their reproductive anatomy and their choices on abortion…people of color still have to worry that just being black or brown carries a stigma looking like a round circle for target practice. Dreamers, born and raised or brought to this nation as young kids are still paranoid and wondering if they will be returned to a country which is a foreign country for them. Muslims and other non-Christians must worry that the God they believe in is not as American as Jesus, and even if you believe in Jesus and are not an American Evangelical Baptist, you too have wonder if you will have permission to pray. Damn, it just won’t stop, even when I think I have a moment of peace, the hypocrisy and self-serving privilege of a select group of fucked up folks still flows in the air as would the stench of a landfill overflowing from toilet waste!