Sunday, July 26, 2020

starting a joke

I started a joke which started the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me oh no
I started to cry which started the whole world laughing
Oh If I'd only seen that the joke was on me (I Started a Joke/Bee Gees)

Betsy DeVos is still seeking payback from students who registered at for-profit sham universities, and still defying the court's order to have these students, reimbursed their tuition, all the while continuing to demand loan payments from people out of work and unemployed. Kristjan Nielsen, one of the original thugs living in the Swamp Trump Cabinet, is back in the news pretending no concentration camps were ever established while under her sadistic tenure as DHS and feels that a judge’s order to remove these kidnapped and captive children due to the CORONAVIRUS is just a political overreaction. This week the Relief package of $600 Stimulus checks is due to expire before anything new is set to replace it, but Mitch McConnell, is still debating its function and purpose within his GOP caucus…who by the way to the member, is still working, receiving full salaries and benefits 

I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes
And I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said
'Till I finally died which started the whole world living
Oh if I'd only seen that the joke was on me (I Started a Joke/Bee Gees)

Call them Karen’s or Ken’s but label them pre-meditated murderers and just identify them as the privileged American, selfish, and entitled to pretend their lives MATTER and no one else. Be they the white folk who suddenly think they are the CIA demanding answers from people of color as to why they even exist, or to the brats and buffoons using only the sad-sack shit FOX News presents as fact, to STILL pretending COVID-19 is a HOAX, and spread their virus of COVID and ignorance wherever and whenever they go out. Ignoring, the lack of freedom for the LGBTQ/reproductive rights, Immigrant and DREAMERS civil rights, the poor or elderly, equitable housing, or medical care, this GROUP are sudden victims because of all things wearing a mask is a defining moment in their perception of HUMANITY and FREEDOM!

I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes
And I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said
'Till I finally died which started the whole world living
Oh if I'd only seen that the joke was on me
Oh no that the joke was on me (I Started a Joke/Bee Gees)

And the Erik Prince Mercenaries are now in more than Portland, beating up protestors, kidnapping them and welcomed by the President of the United States. He uses the Rose Garden and Oval Office for political campaigning, fires IG’s and decides to permit his friends, visa vie Executive Privilege out of jail for free, even when juries have found them guilty, and all the while one more law after another is broken and NO ONE WITHIN THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY tries to stop him. 

Each day we say, this has to be enough, then it is not. Each day we have to say this is not normal and then we use the term the new normal. Each day we pretend that all of this might be fixed if only we wait 100 days and vote, you actually think election day will arrive on time, and that it will look or feel anything like democracy in action. Trump started a joke, and who is laughing?