Friday, June 22, 2018

Friends on Facebook

Out of some preconceived Facebook etiquette, perhaps my own doing, I try hard not to respond to postings on my Friends pages, by people with whom I disagree. First, and perhaps foremost, I do not know these individuals, nor do I really know the kind of relationships my Friends and their friends share. I am very vocal about my opinions especially with the dictator in the White House, and above all else, I NEVER want it to be stated that I  hadn’t tried my best to RESIST the demise and decay of democracy created by Trump the Republicans and the Trump Crime Family. As a student of history, I always wondered where were the voices of resistance from past authoritarian governments, and INDEED and still do believe that SILENCE EQUALED AND EQUALS DEATH! So for the sake of my Friends, I looked the other way….no more!

Sometimes, however, there are issues of human rights, civil rights, love and justice that NEVER EVER should be debated….did I say NEVER!  In this nation in the year 2018, we as Americans are faced with a sociopath, more afraid to seem weak than to admit guilt, so narcissistic as to destroy anyone who might infringe on his frail ego, and just fucking crazy. He IS enabled by his puppeteer Putin, who seems to have blackmailed the Republican Party, and is joined by a soon to be the defunct adjunct of the Christian religion the American Evangelical Nationalists.  This insane man, TRUMP has permitted the kidnapping of children, the creation of a new generation of orphans, and has dug deep within the machinations of the most undesirable degenerates of a nation of racists, bigots, and haters. There is no fake news about this, the truth except for the Nazi propaganda station FOX, has demonstrated the truth in this demented policy of zero tolerance.


So, here is my point. I have some Friends who have wondered how nice they must be while someone reports on their Facebook page how grand and glorious Trumps policies are regarding separation of children from their parents. Some have wondered how to disengage friends of friends who have written on their personal  Facebook pages, you know in a nice way. There is NO nice way because, with this issue, YOU are a bigot, a racist a fool, a hater and idiot if, in fact, you find nothing wrong with the behavior of Trump/Sessions/the silent GOP and all of their paid to hate employees. So my advice is to simply say to the person who so wholeheartedly believes separating Families is what will make America great again, to either find a soul or fuck off. Please, let's stop pretending conversation or debate will change the minds of people who are nothing but Trump lemmings or is it Trump Cultists! This IS serious SHIT and we cannot continue walking with it on the tips of our shoes or on our pages of Facebook!