Monday, June 11, 2018

Pride 2018


As Sly and the Family Stone, once told us, “It’s a Family Affair”, and indeed LA Pride 2018 was! And as Sister Sledge reminded us “We Are Family” truly my family created more moments of magic, all to be remembered and reminded of as we grow stronger and stronger in love. These are turbulent times, troubled night and day terrors of discrimination, alienation, and permission for the self-inflicted victim to acquire an enemy just satisfy his or her own need for a bad guy. I worry each day, what impact will I have made so the future is not an apocalyptic arena of emptiness, I wonder each day can I stop the tsunami of hatred, bigotry, and lies from flooding the senses of good people. I wish I had the power to stop the determination of a few treasonous narcissists to recreate the world in their image, knowing that my vision of life is filled with equality and love. But on Sunday, June 10, 2018, rooftop for a brief few moments, standing rooftop in the center of West Hollywood, surrounded by family, friends, and strangers all decorated in the colors of the LGBTQ rainbow, as Johnny Nash once sang, “I Can Clearly Now”, I did have both of my eyes open, my heart full, my senses keenly aware of promise, and the love of for whom I fight and resist. Happy Pride, yesterday, today and tomorrow!