Wednesday, June 27, 2018

something to quote

“All great masters are chiefly distinguished by the power of adding a second, a third, and perhaps a fourth step in a continuous line. Many a man had taken the first step. With every additional step you enhance immensely the value of your first.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” Martin Luther King Jr

“Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” Hailie Selassie

“I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.” Khalil Gibran

“Ignorance is an evil weed, which dictators may cultivate among their dupes, but which no democracy can afford among its citizens.” William Beveridge

“It is from weakness that people reach for dictators and concentrated government power. Only the strong can be free.” And only the productive can be strong. Wendell Willkie

“I use emotion for the many and reason for the few.” Adolph Hitler

“We write our own destiny. We become what we do.” Chiang Kai Shek

"Well, if I ever ran for office, I'd do better as a Democrat than as a Republican - and that's not because I'd be more liberal, because I'm conservative. But the working guy would elect me. He likes me. When I walk down the street, those cabbies start yelling out their windows.” Donald Trump

"My favorite part [of Pulp Fiction] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. 'Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: Bitch be cool.' I love those lines.” Donald Trump

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters.” Donald Trump

“I will never remain silent, I will always listen as the rhetoric hums as a lullaby or screams at me like the shrill falsetto of a Hard Metal Rock Band. I will have my voice heard, even if only a handful of people listen, but to remain silent is not my option. I will not settle for hypocrisy as it is heresy in disguise. Your religious views, when spoken not from God but from an insecure, insincere inhuman individual will be called out as nothing by hyperbole. I will add a second, third and fourth step to find freedom and embrace equality. And while others pretend none of today's currents events count, I will continue to create havoc, and feel sad, sorry but will not demonstrate any sympathy for their ignorance and silence.” Gerry Buncher