Thursday, June 18, 2020

A LOUSE


Louse: either of two small wingless parasitic insects that live on the skin of mammals and birds. a contemptible or unpleasant person. I was about 7, my little sister and I were sitting in the living room of my Grandpa Buncher’s living room, on the uncomfortable plastic that hermetically sealed the living room sofa as well as every piece of furniture in the house (My Grandma Buncher told us that furniture should last forever, and tushie’s no matter how big or small might ruin it, thus sitting on plastic was a good thing.)

My Grandpa Buncher was a gentleman, a kind considerate individual, and never, ever, had my little sister or I heard any anger or loud voice coming from his lips. BUT, BECAUSE, of a sudden outburst, and the most visual demonstration of emotion I had ever noticed from my grandfather, I recall with vivid detail, the day I heard him call his brother a LOUSE.  My Grandpa was of Ukrainian origin, so when he said LOUSE, I first thought it was a BAD UKRAINIAN word, then I looked at my little sister and whispered in the quietest of voices, did Grandpa Buncher use a “curse word” in front of us! The name Buncher in Pittsburgh has great authority to it, not directly my part of the family, but my Grandfathers’s brother's side of the family. We were the poor the Buncher’s and they the wealthy ones. And whatever the case, that day when I was 7, something happened and my Grandpa Buncher was VERY UPSET with his brother! On our way home from this visit, my father looked in the rear-view mirror at my sister and me and said, “LOUSE is not a ‘curse word,’ but just an expression of someone who has let you down. Your Grandfather was upset and wanted me to apologize to you, for his anger. He would never swear in front of you, but his brother did a deed, that could have been avoided, but his brother was way too late in recognizing what he had done! Okay, my father added, let’s go get some ice-cream at Islay’s 

Fucking, John Bolton is a LOUSE, a LOSER, a self-serving, sad-sack shyster, and an enemy of the state, who placed monetary gain over the functionality of a democracy and permitted a President to remain in power, knowing full well, that his (BOLTON’s) words under oath could have helped remove Trump from office, while the Impeachment Hearing were in session. Fucking, John Bolton’s testimony could have and would have made it almost impossible for a majority of GOP Senators to ignore the treason and fraud, and criminal activity by which and with which Trump had and still conducts his business as Commander-In-Chief. A, LOUSE, among other adjectives or nouns, and now all of us who knew the truth and demanded it is told, as well as the GOP Senators who knew the truth but let it hide in plain sight, now have little place to hide…except they are Republicans, and the truth is not an attribute from which they shine.

So now what America? Now what!