Monday, September 17, 2018

Dear God

Dear God,
Okay, I believe in God, not just any God, but mine, my particular one, who as of 68 years of my life have found in me, albeit has provided me with struggle, consequence, failure, truth, good, bad and all of the nouns and adjectives in between…but nonetheless, God my Higher power, and I would instead take it than leave it….BUT this year, I am struggling to understand, the where’s and what for’s the how’s and why’s of what is going on, while my God and I look upon the world. I feel the urge, no it is the necessity to blog about this now, because, I DO NOT understand how much evil can once again prevail, not as in history, but as in RIGHT NOW…

Name your hurricane, define your destination, the Carolina’s Houston, Florida, Puerto Rico, and now Hong Kong, pick your wildfires, your mountains, and valleys in California, Colorado, New Mexico, pick your heat wave, especially the one in Pakistan and Bangladesh…choose your holocaust, be it in Syria, the United States, Sudan, Yemen…or silently watch as human beings suddenly think of themselves as Gods, as lifetime rulers in Russia, China, Philippines, the entire Arabian Peninsula, and perhaps the USA. Listen as mere mortals pretend to be voices of some kind of God, not the one I believe in, those who will look the other way just so they remain in power, those who are hypocrites, so they stay in power, those who pay to pray, those who have no understanding of anyone but themselves!

Death of the planet, the death of its flora and fauna, death of its people, all happening fast, faster, and soon forever…I am not confident, what to do God. The Senate, who has yet to officially set in motion punishment for sexual abuse of its own members is casting a vote on a man who has secrets, not just about his distaste for woman rights, but for the rights of other minorities, except the president. The EPA is burning more carbon, the laws of checks and balances have been expunged, a blackmailed, agent for Russia is sitting in the White House and his enablers the GOP also blackmailed have sold the soul of democracy for their own infinitesimal miserable momentary lives…And I can yell, I can scream, I can listen to Talking Heads in beautiful suits and dresses tell me what is wrong…but nothing changes…NOTHING! Dear God (my God), soon the supposed Book of Life for the next year is about to close…REALLY! I don’t get it, God…am I thought too, or am I just to wait and hope and pray?

Yours, you know who I am!