Friday, September 28, 2018

welcome to the 50's

Get ready for the 1950s, America, they are making a comeback, testimony to that is as easily prescribed as watching the tenuous and treacherous demonstration of the confirmation hearing for Brett Kavanaugh. Today, Friday, September 28, 2018, a group of guys, filled with piss and spit and full of patronizing pathetic yadda, yadda, yadda have decided that it is okay to nominate a candidate to the Supreme Court who has a cloud of questions hanging low above his entire being.  As has been the case in the current world of Republican politics, finding facts is fruitless if, in fact, the results will discover a truth no one wishes to deal with. Of course, we are presumed innocent until proven otherwise, but, perhaps permitting the FBI to assure the nation that Kavanaugh is innocent, is too scary for Trump and Associates. We may have one more day until the calendar turns backward and the days of government-approved misogyny, homophobia, racism, and isolation become the norm. As with everything else the Trump Republicans have touched, it now seems the value and worth, the respect and resolve of the Supreme Court will also rot and rust.

I wonder what kind of loyalty oath Kavanaugh signed with Trump. I wonder when Hissy Fit Lindsey will become Attorney General, I wonder when Robert Mueller will be fired, as a man I wonder when my daughter, sisters, female friends, aunts will no longer continue to have complete ownership over their respective bodies. As a Gay man, I wonder when my legal marriage becomes questionable. As a Jew, I wonder when this nation will become a Christian Theocratic Nation. As a grandson of immigrants, I wonder when we will no longer permit the pursuit of happiness for those who seek a better life. As an inclusive American, I wonder when anyone of color will become primary targets of segregation. As a senior adult, I wonder when my socials security will be cut. As a human I wonder when just paying for health care will require me to become poor, and decide if food or rent is the priority for that month.


An illegitimate president sits in the White House, hacked into office with the permission of the Republican Party, and in one day, we may discover an illegitimate Justice seated on the highest and most powerful court in the land.  Get ready, America for a new dawning of bias, bigotry, bogus and a country where equality will be banned like books.