Thursday, September 13, 2018

which dimension

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. (Rod Serling)

There was nothing more frightening for me as a kid, as the opening few seconds of the Twilight Zone television series, like Rod Serling, as ominous and statue-like, standing in front of the set, I swear looking just at me, and reminding me, that that might come next, IS something that MAY or MAY not be fiction. Rod Serling warned us, be prepared he would say in his sardonic systematic message. Then at the end of each and every episode, Mr. Serling would caution us, with a three or four part soliloquy as to what went right and what went wrong.  All I knew, was that if something had gone right, I was relieved, but if in fact, the opposite of right took place, I became worried, very, very worried! My father would chuckle, taking my nervousness severe enough, but would add two things…”You wanted to watch it, just know its not real, but if in fact it ever happened, you just learned how to handle it.”  My mother would pooh-pooh the whole thing and try to entice me with some home baked cake or pie to take my mind off of the Twilight Zone.

I am not sure upon which dimension Trump thrives, but I do know it is one of sour imagination, insecure facts, and narcissistic evil intent. The fact that there is NO Rod Serling to help set us straight, but instead a cadre of enablers also living in some weird dimension, more concerned about their political livelihood, rather than the lives of their constituents, so the word SCARED comes across loud and long.


We know, even the GOP Enablers and the Mercer/DeVos/Adelson/Koch families, understand the mental ailment from which Trump suffers, one which can lead us all to the crazy place, Trumps survives, but as long as democracy is being replaced with a theocracy/authoritarianism/and fascist government. No one gives one hell of a shit. When can the people reclaim the office of president? When?