Saturday, September 8, 2018

stairways


“And it's whispered that soon If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
…Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it really makes me wonder
…And she's buying the stairway to heaven”
(Stairway to Heaven-Led Zeppelin)

Up or down, entrance or exit…confusion, complicated by crimes, collusion, and careless attention toward a Constitution that once meant to check and balance laws of the land. It is Saturday, September 8, 2018, Joe’s and my last full day living in a town full of providence, the sort, from which peace and harmony exude! Once in this place, located at lands end, there seems to be no beginning, and if there is an end, it is like the sweetest of stories, which include a happily ever after. I tried my best to ignore the demise of decency, the damnation of democracy, the crippling conflicts of just telling the truth, or finally admitting to the glut of guilt, I tried! It seems that the precarious, precipice upon which we as a nation are teetering, calls for more attention, and I refuse to be an asterisk in the history books begging the question why didn’t we resist!


Provincetown, has still isolated, or may be insulated is the better choice of vocabulary, me, from the woe and worry wrecking and still reeking havoc, But, the joy of freedom which flies so freely in the soft breezes of the Bay, again is inhaled and exhaled in a most natural action of my being.  One last day to disguise disgust for desire, to simply be satisfied with the sea, and to climb stairs which lead to heaven on Earth. Oh, but it does make me wonder, and wish, and want to relish and rejoice in reason, enjoy the rhythm of life, and the mysterious but magical rhymes life permits!