Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Not now or ever

I have recently, remained a bit aloof, regarding my postings on Facebook, mostly due to some emotional health issues regarding my family, and honestly the frustration of deciding what must become a priority and what seems to push itself forward as the number one priority. I knew, that in this era of Trump, I had become, more internally full of angst, anger, and admittedly an inability to stop one of the most horrendous periods of injustice I have witnessed in my life, and so overwhelmed by the lack of my power to do so, that an obsession, a sick obsession of not being in control became prominent in what I did, what I do and how I think. I have often written that THIS IS my country, THIS IS my democracy, THIS IS my history and two quotes motivated me to remain diligent…”If not now when”…”and, 'Silence equals death” Each quote relates to groups of people who waited too long, felt too weak, or never imagined their turn to become the enemy would ever arise. 

I have read the blog and posts of many people that I trust. Most of my friends opinions and even  if they may not clearly announce their politics seem to be Progressive/Liberal/or as a Democrat. There is a kindness towards others, and attempt at inclusion for many, and a real stress for freedom honesty and equality for all. I was raised to try and understand the world, but to also realize that most times there IS good or there IS bad. We can find gray areas of compromise in the many items of the recipe which create life, but the ingredients such as health, welfare, and the quality of living for me are beyond compromise. I have also been a student of history and as a human find little room for a compromised answer to the history that has passed. To ignore it or pretend that history does not or didn’t matter, is a fools game, their can be no compromise in retelling the facts.


So as I return to the land of the BLOG, I am sad to see that so many people, on the Left side of politics seem to be willing to ignore the injustices, the indignities, the irreparable, atrocities promoted, promulgated, and planned by people on the Right side of politics. A liar lie, a cheater cheats, racist hate, and antisemite would rather the end of Jews, a misogynist fears the will of women, a religious zealot pretends to be God, a homophobe fears his her own sexual desires and self image, and a person who invites the wishes of an enemy of the state is an anarchist and performs treasonous acts. I don’t want a Kumbaya moment with people like those, I don’t want to find compromise with haters, I can’t remain friends with people whose will is to jail me, relegate me to the minions of less than, or ignore my civil rights. I want my words and deeds to mean something, I will not remain silent, or pretend if not now when…and i am so tired of thinking there is a way to compromise when someone like Trump and his ilk want nothing of the sort to divide and conquer. I have compassion but not for anyone who thinks that anything but equality is fair!