Wednesday, April 22, 2020

SORDID LIVES

SORDID LIVES: (A movie, written by Del Shores) Sometimes it takes a death to bring a family together. The all-star casts put a comedic twist on a story of unconditional love, acceptance, and "coming out" in a Texas family. The eccentric cast of characters come together when their intertwining lives prepare for the funeral of the family matriarch. One particular character, SISSY HICKEY, played brilliantly by Beth Grant, was desperately trying to quit her cigarette habit, and would place a rubber band (in Pittsburghese we called these Gum Bands,) and snap it very hard every time she found herself in an uncomfortable and angst producing situation, the kind of emotion begging someone to take at least one drag off of a cigarette. Watching the movie, the viewer, felt for SISSY, because more often than not she was smack dab in the middle of shit, of which she had no desire to find herself walking in! Today, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, I felt the pain and the sense entrapment that poor SISSY HICKEY seemed to traverse in wittingly and unwittingly. As a form of habit, I came home from my 30-minute run and without thinking flicked the remote to MSNBC, and there before my eyes were the Donald Trump Horror Show, featuring to members of SORDID LIVES,  Donnie the King, and Pence the YES MR. PRESIDENT ASS LICKER. For what I know had to be only a mere 5 minutes of my life, I watched, as Trump congratulated himself on having fewer deaths in his nation, now calling himself the King of Ventilators, and chastising the FAKE MEDIA, for NOT giving Trump ALL THE CREDIT IN THE WORLD, for doing a HEROIC JOB regarding COVID-19! A reporter, brave enough to try and challenge Trump, lies, was, of course, put off with the typical quick tiny hand gestures, as well as his dismissal of anyone asking him why he fucked up. In the five minutes that I watched, and GOD only knows how I lasted that long. Not wanting to listen to any more words falling freely from this fraud, I somehow concentrated only on his lips, and realized something I had known, but never gave much credence; when he lies and knows he is caught in a lie, his tiny lips to match his tiny hands, which I am certain cover up another tiny part of his body with is overly long tie, hardly moved. Honestly, his lips perhaps moved milli-meters, knowing that they should not move at all because he was caught. AND he was caught, so of course, his next best effort is to call his LAP DOG MIKEY PENCE, who is owned and operated by both Donnie the Liar Trump, and Mother Pence.

And then I thought about the character from SORDID LIVES, SISSY HICKEY, and decided while my life is becoming more and more sordid, regarding the permission of suicide and homicide, by Trump, I need a rubber band, and need to snap it hard anytime I accidentally see Trump on TV producing yet another campaign rally and telling the American people, it's okay to die, as long as you are dying so I can become President again!