Saturday, April 11, 2020

the same old

PHEW, at least I can still rant about an old school peeve, that lingered like a silent fart, in the WEHO area, the part of LA in which I live, people are still ASSHOLES, on their phones. YEP, they still have no concern for anyone but themselves while either looking at their phones as they walk or deciding to stand in the center of the sidewalk as they talk.  So as Sophia Petrillo (the wonderful character played by Estelle Getty) used to say “Picture this…” Here I am trying my best to social distance while heading to my local supermarket, and on the way, a few WEHO not so bright privileged citizens of WEHO obeying the wear your mask suggestion, are on the phone, with no idea they are among the living. At least 5 idiots were about to walk into oncoming pedestrians, all trying THEIR best, including me to SOCIAL DISTANCE. But keeping an eyeball on some Grindr Picture or a video of a cat licking its tail, these douchebags, could have given a shit and bumped into two people.  All I heard as I tried to escape, the fiasco, was “FUCK YOU ASSHOLE,” and that was not from the person bumped into, but the ass wipe to preoccupied with his or her life, to give a shit about anyone else. And then there is my favorite, the couple Straight or Gay, taking selfies wearing their masks of course, but standing smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk as if social distancing was a thing of the past.  Most people hissed at them, but they were too involved with their own insecurities and needed an extra LIKE or Two and paid little mind. But I was having none of it, and of course, stood 5 feet away and said subtitle your photo, two fucking douchebags wearing a mask coving nothing but a façade! HURRAH, I thought to myself, at least I can still hold onto some old school pissy habits demonstrated, by idiots who, like Trump imagine a world revolving around themselves!