Saturday, February 25, 2017

LOUD

I have tried my best to NOT overly angst regarding the current events in which the lives of those I care for and love, and in fact my own existence, has been forced to suffer and endure an amazing amount of consequences. If there is a type of mental health syndrome occurring throughout this nation due to the dire and undemocratic machinations of a narcissist his self identifying Fascist advisors and spineless political party too afraid of discourse preferring disruption, then I am suffering from this condition and it a very painful emotional ailment. I was raised to believe that truth has no conditions to it,  it is pure. I was raised to believe that honesty is difficult but well worth the effort. I understood that along the way from birth to death you may follow a path of good, witness others trying the highway of bad, but as long as you continue on your course ahead, ignore those who relish the wicked. I have tried hard, REALLY HARD to stop worrying, wondering, wishing and asking why all this WRONG seems to be considered RIGHT…

I can not and will not remain silent. And I can not and will not tolerate those Americans who pretend that freedom, equality and justice does not pertain to each and every one of us who call ourselves Americans. I am a history buff, and with amazement and shock I have read too many accounts of average citizens just shrugging their shoulders, zipping their mouths shut, and pretending that the cost of bread is a priority conversation rather then the cost of freedom. I have read too many accounts of, well it hasn’t affected me directly, yet, so until it does I will ignore the latest round of hate and bigotry. And I have read with great dismay how easy citizens were to cast doubt on SOMEONE else as the villain, all the time hoping by doing so, they will not become the next scapegoat.

There was an uprising in the Jewish ghetto of Warsaw, finally. The success was the attempt to take back freedoms which had been destroyed and buried, the failure was that the will, the ability, the motivation took too long and victory was short lived. I will not and can not permit myself to wait, and wait and wait, hoping that justice will find its way back to this nation. I am frustrated that so many others are silent. The LGBT community learned a lesson when HIV/AIDS was killing our community, Silence equals death. I will not and can not be silent. I would wish that the voices of those who only whisper begin to shout, LOUD.