Sunday, February 26, 2017

Spiders and Such

I hate spiders…no…I fear spiders, especially the ones just big enough who while they are spinning their web seem to be eyeballing me as if I am on tonight’s blue person special meal. The thing about spiders and me is that once I see the damn arachnid I cannot leave the room from which I spotted it or worse, if I am in bed, there is no way in spider hell I can fall asleep knowing just how cunning this damn bug must be plotting when and how to leap upon my body. The worst part of spider horror for me happens when nonchalantly, as I am watching TV, IF out of the corner of my eye, I think I witnessed some brown or black THING leisurely passing me by. Once I think I saw a crawly icky thing, my fight or flight mode kicks in and immediately I must search for it. It is a very weird emotion, I honestly don’t want to find it, YET, I know if I do not identify this imaginary or God forbid real creature, my entire night will be fraught with what if’s.

Once the Russians won the 2016 Presidential election, I decided that I must give up my Cable news addiction. I relied on Rachel Maddow to soothe some of my worries, enjoyed Joy Reid, and even some Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC. But I realized that all of the talking heads, had no bodies attached, and none of these esteemed reporters or journalists had idea one of what was really happening. Along with the Democrat Party leadership, it seemed to me, the only people who actually understood the outcome of the 2016 election were Vladimir Putin/Mitch McConnell and Steve Bannon. I decided then and there that I could no longer listen to anyone pontificate on politics. And, I have since stopped watching anything but local news and when and if anyone Trump appears upon the screen, I either mute the sound or change the channel to some very mundane station telling me but wait, if you oder now we will double that order.


Back to the spiders. I know each and every day, there is a creepy crawly thing living in the White House, and like the spiders I abhor, I still must at least look around hoping that in fact it was just my imagination. I can not give up the news completely, knowing that if I ignore this current situation, the future of my kids and the generations after them may rot and ruin. So I peek at articles posted on Facebook, promising myself that the only ones I read are from real resources. And then bam, wham, damn out of the corner of my eye I see something, and even though I know it is nothing of real substance, I must search it out afraid that if I don’t hunt it down it might come back to bite me. I hate Trump…no..I fear Trump, but even worse I am terrified by all of the politicians/pundents and the public who let him crawl into our homes.