Monday, July 17, 2017

Day Eleven

“…When the light of each summer’s day reaches its end…I’ll sit by the fire with all my new friends…A million tomorrows will never erase…the fun and the joy, the beauty of my summer place…”(Camp Song of Emma Farm) To be human we are able to remember, reminisce, romanticize, recall, not only those we love, unconditionally, but embrace the various journey’s whose destinations left deep impacts, as might a meteor landing to earth crashing through the molten core of our psyche. Our gut feels melancholy, we transfer that emotion to our brain pushing it to find the details (albeit after years and years may be a bit hazy, but never haphazard), and finally the need to know, to relive travels to our heart and every single adjective, adverb, hyperbole resting within arises and SUDDENLY we are back to the place we never want to erase.

It’s Day Eleven, the day before departure, the day when you know one more 24 hour short span of time exists; but this the day for me, the before I say goodbye, my mind wanders, my eyes try to focus, my brain picks and chooses and my gut begs to be that five year old kid who wants to cry, kick, shout, and stammer…but there is so much more, just one more ride and i promise I will be good!


Joe and I had our romantic dinner at the Red Inn, almost at the end of the Cape, so close the place where the Ocean and the Bay meet sharing tales that eons and eons of ebbs and tides can muster. Of course we see with our eyes, but this time as I reflected on the colors of Provincetown, the hues seen nowhere else but this place, it was my heart doing all of the work. As if a magnet, pulling the forces of nature,I once again realized it is not just life that matters, but the priorities you, me us make of them. One more day of delight, of course, and one more posting in my Blog Diary, but Day Eleven was the Collector of the Certain, the Caress-er of Change, the Cause, Consequence and Challenge. Many years have passed since my counselor day at Emma Farm Camp, but sing me the Camp song, and i am right in front of the campfire, sobbing and sighing with the best of them! Day Eleven