Friday, November 11, 2016

Day 3-Crazy me

Are you sure you are not a character from a Stephen King story, I asked myself inside my head, my mouth not moving, but my stomach churning…I was once again, perseverating over some unknown variables ,such as the election results from Tuesday and the resulting doom certainly drearily lying ahead…I promised myself, Wednesday morning the 9th of November to NOT watch cable news for the duration…I assured myself that if I don’t see Trump he won’t exist…I am a politics addict and it had almost driven me to sheer madness…I always wondered, if you go mad and suddenly the sun rises from the west, would you know the difference…could I go cold turkey, pretending that the past hasn’t happened yet…but then I am also a history junkie, and the pleasures of understanding facts, purpose and reason nagged at me…it would be hopeless to ignore the past, when indeed it will change the present, leaving me with lots of decisions for the future… 

History, I told myself, here in the year of the antichrist, 2016, has become a folk tale, something listed in the fiction category of the Dewey Decimal system (Oh how I age my life)…OR, history is now listed next to the New Testaments… if you don’t like what one Bible says, then choose another version…if there are not enough Thou Shalt Nots, find a text with some more…OR, find a pay for pray preacher who will, for an extra Benjamin, have Jesus come and whisper to you as you sleep…run, run, run for president… Not anti-Christ, I reprimanded myself, but, honestly how many people has HE promised HE would support for president…Then I remembered, Trump choose Pence for VP, and he certainly says he has Jesus’s ear…zygotes should have attorney’s…okay I exaggerated…fetus’s are the one with legal backup…and those damn LGBT’s certainly need to be categorized with the colored folk (I know that term will return as popular slang)…hard to even fathom I said to myself…but wait, it must be true cause, Dobson, Robertson, Graham, Falwell Jr and Duck Dynasty GrandPa agree…and they millionaires…just like their baby Christian Trump…

It has been hard not drinking in the nagging noise of CNN, the pitchy queerness of all the blonds on FOX (And I mean the word queer before the gays took it over, as in weirdos)…OR the ever ready to be the news like, any one on ABC, NBC, CBS or Chuck Todd…I did sip a bit of CNN cool-aid however as some dumb ass was standing in front of my locker at the gym, texting on his phone…imagining he was the ONLY one in that space…I heard Jake Tapper report that Trump is movement…I knew that…a number two kind of BM…but Jake was giving serious voice and said…The Popularist Movement voted for Trump and Hillary helped because she had over 20 years of service in the government…before I almost lost my self control to jump over and blast the sound on the TV in the locker room…I got into my lecture voice and said out loud to be exact McCain/Grassley/Shelby/Sessions…the guy on the phone looked at me…I responded with a despondent and dead like voice…it wasn’t the Popularlist Movement…just a bunch of bigots…