Thursday, November 17, 2016

Resistance

I was feeling lethargic, a sense of doom was pressing its hand hard upon my mind, permitting me to wallow in pity. No words could quite define the motionless madness dancing in delight around me, I tried desperately to grasp at any idea to address something so looming as depression. Why were people cheering while I was jeering, bemoaning a loss. Who were the people, so callous filled with contempt as to push this nation to the brink. Why were some so thrilled so fond for the fringe of a society to lead the way. My eyes wanted to remain shut, my ears begged for silence, as the news of the day became clear that after Tuesday November 8th, I would find myself living inside a Sci-Fi novel whose theme focused on divide, denounce and demonize. I wanted so much to wake from this nightmare, wishing all it took was the effort to jerk out of my slumber, throw water on my face, and shout, it never happened, it never could have happened. But it did, and for me freedom died, so for the past week, I was sitting Shiva! Shiva is a Jewish custom to honor the life of a loved one, to grieve, remember and eventually move on, never forgetting the departed but making every effort to embrace the memories so valued, cherished, and important.

I am finished crying, bemoaning, flagellating myself for the behavior of the dumb, the arrogant, the ignorant, the spiteful, and those who found the black president too intelligent, equality too threatening, fairness too intimidating and change requiring sacrifice with selflessness. I have stopped permitting a vagabond of conspiracy theorists, and deniers to consider that only they have a right to this country. I will no longer listen to to the apologists, the sudden seekers of consensus, who had miserably failed to do so for the last 8 years. And I will not tolerate the “Well, lets wait and see”, attitude by those who think that if we wish it, it will come to fruition. I am no longer going to be the victim of the destruction of democracy. 


Keith Olberman, today spoke loudly about his feelings toward the rise of Trump/Pence. Mr Olberman used a word, that was like a whack on the side of my head, he stated he wanted to start a Resistance. How perfect a word for me, Resistance! Too often in history, the resistance started after freedoms/equality/rights were denied and replaced with the police state/the dictator/fascism. Once again this nation has a man elected as president without the majority of its population, and once again we think we HAVE to let this reign of power happen without dissidence.  Once out of the coma of an election lost, i have promised myself I will be a part of the resistance, trying my best to stop the executions before they begin. I have my words right now as my shield and sword, and i will make sure I am heard. I am proudly  a member of the RESISTANCE!