Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Music Died


Along time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, that I could make those people dance, and maybe they’s be happy for a while…Something touched me deep inside, the day the music died…so bye, bye Miss American Pie…(The Day the Music Died, Don McClean)

There are tears, turmoil, trauma for some, for others tears of triumph. We have acknowledged our great divide in this nation with our freedom to vote, and the festering wound so infected with vitriol, venom and decisiveness finally erupted permitting the poison to flow as destructive and devastating as lava. This nation has become a ghost of history, from which we never learned a single solitary lesson. Promises with no purpose serve as fact. Innuendo, ideally replaces truth. Hate is disguised as justice. 


The music of hope, chance, equality has been downed out by empty promises which only creates noise. We have lived the good ole days for the past 8 years. What could possibly be next, when men with white robes, brown shirts, confederate flags, King James Bibles are waving in their hands cheering on the incoming Emperor, while jeering the exiting of democracy! So, Bye, Bye to an American pie which was on its way to create equal pieces of freedom for everyone. For me the music has died, leaving a harsh sound of emptiness.