Thursday, November 10, 2011

ramble on

“President Obama applauds today’s vote by the Senate Judiciary Committee to approve the Respect for Marriage Act, which would provide a legislative repeal of the so-called ‘Defense of Marriage Act.’ The President has long believed that DOMA is discriminatory and has called for its repeal.


If you hate me because among other things I happen to be a homosexual, too bad. Yep it is America and free speech entitles you to say you hate me, protest my homosexuality, even demonstrate against the fact that I like among other things having sex with people of the same sex. But who the fuck are you to tell me I can not marry because I am Gay.


If you hate me because your form of religion declares that the God you prefer to worship is also a bigot, cool. If your church, or temple or mosque is filled with reasons why I may go to hell, or burn in hell or just be one more person dismissed from the Garden of Eden,okie dookey. But who the fuck are you or your priest or rabbi or preacher or Iman to tell me I can not marry because I am Gay?


If you hate me due to my homosexuality because your parents placed bias and bigotry in your morning cereal, or your father was a self loathing male or your mother feared anything she couldn’t understand, fine and dandy. If you hate my gayness because you think what I do is freer then the restrictions placed in your life by overbearing parents, or bloated lies from friends or siblings, its your choice. But who the fuck are you or your spouse or your mother or father to tell me I can not marry, because I am Gay?


If you are stuck understanding how that the majority of people who act as adulterers, or perform acts of infidelity are straight and every time they say I do, and then don’t you need to sit in front of someone other then yourself with a brain and realize the Institution of Marriage is crumbling and decaying not because of the homo’s but due to the hetero’s. And who the fuck are you to tell me I can not marry?


If you refuse to even know who I am but love to stereotype me because it makes you feel more powerful fine. And due to your lack of depth foresight, or intelligence you want live your life as an imbecile following the principles of other idiots who say God said so, go ahead. But who the fuck are you to tell me I can not marry because I am Gay?


Here I go again reading posts from people urging me to write my elected officials, reading how the President thinks hate is wrong, reading requests to call my politicians just because like all of the heterosexual men and women who cheat, wed for anything but love, divorce one, two or three times all I want to do is marry. And I have to beg, borrow and steal and demand my rights to fight against some bigoted, biased, bogus law based on nothing but HATE!


I am so tired of this game, I am so tired of permitting anyone who believes separate but equal is the same as equal of making decisions about me. I am so tired of waiting my turn for something called freedom. So fuck you for standing in my way saying I can not marry because I am Gay. I don’t want favors, I don’t want conditions, I don’t want speeches on a political soap box, I want what IS written in the Preamble to the Constitution: We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

2 comments :

Diane H said...

I'm straight and I support gay rights and same sex marriage. And there are a lot of us out here.

Diane H said...

One more thing. Here's a link to an article you might like.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/03/news/la-pn-pew-same-sex-marriage-20111103

Don't concern yourself with the haters, they are becoming a minority.