Thursday, September 29, 2011

Days of Awe

One of the many aspects of celebrating the Days of Awe, the time between Rosh Ha Shana, Jewish New Year and Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement is to identify those who have hurt you or those you have hurt and either ask of forgiveness or state that you hold no grudge. As God opens the Book of Life, and we act accordingly to ask for another extension of our life, before the Book is closed, acting like a human who does care about his actions and who can understand the human in all of us is a task many Jews perform during these days.


I have communicated to those family members and friends with whom I share my life, and have spoken to them responding or requesting the understanding I wish to relay. Whether it is for the Days of Awe or just the days of my life, looking internally, inside and introspectively, seems to aid my angst and ease my anger. Perhaps because of this eventful time of the calendar and or my own personal religious and spirituality the cleansing of my soul seems satisfying and sincere and I am glad to ask for forgiveness and return the favor.


So I ask Rick Santorum why he hates me because I am Gay? Why he had no respect for the soldier who among being American, placing his life on the line working in harms way why he Rick Santorum felt that a Gay man who fights for the liberties of this nation would not deserve medical attention. I ask Rick Santorum to explain to me why if I fall in love with a partner of the same sex why that love can’t be as legally consummated as heterosexuals who fall in love divorce commit adultery and then marry and marry again? Why you think your Lord Jesus Christ hates those he has created? I ask Rick Santorum to explain to me why he is so full of homophobia scapegoating Gays as if we were one person, basing his fear of me without even knowing me on bigotry and Bible babble and trying to scare so many who would rather hate then love why he Rick Santorum finds it necessary to be so exclusive and not inclusive.


I want to forgive Rick Santorum for his innuendo, loathing and fomenting fear for his placing his political aspirations above human needs, for his using Gods name in vain. I would like an explanation why I am the enemy the bogey man, the bad guy so during these Days of Awe I can stop saying you are Un American, Un Christian, and Un Intelligent. Please explain to me why you are so scared of me because among many things I happen to be Gay?

No comments :