Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sham and Shame

Perhaps I should stop reading news articles, watching videos regarding news, and let the news anxiety I feel take a hike. But I CAN’T, as this year the outcome of all the news about Trump and Clinton and the presidential will impact my life, my children’s lives and many generations of lives to come. I am amazed, (That is probably to weak of a word choice), at the dozens and dozens of times I have read that this latest report on Trumps, health…university…taxes…real-estate… misogyny…embrace of White Supremacists…love affair with Putin…will be the end of his campaign. It seems there are at least a dozen reasons Trump should have been fined, arrested, in jail but none of them being the LATEST illegitimate, illegal, irresponsible have made a dent in Trump’s campaign.

Now of course it doesn’t hurt Trump that most Republicans in office have not become so disillusioned as to go on TV and tell Americans, that democracy is on the verge of collapse, if Trump is elected. Many of these cowards, who have voted for un-democratic last, such a voter ID, gerrymandering and supported Citizens United have already placed democracy on a teeter-tarter board, so electing a dictator may not be that important to them. It does hurt Trump when anyone acting a moderator discussing issues with Trump cowers in the corner, permitting Trump to pile more bull shit on top of them. And it doesn’t hurt Trump that most so called professional journalists and reporters keep on inviting Trumps surrogates to sit beside them, permitting them to continue to spew lies. (I might think if these so called professionals really cared about honesty, they might say at the beginning of the interview, if you do not answer my question I will end this discussion, and if you do answers my questions, I will not invite you back. BUT RATINGS ARE RATINGS, and news just an annoying thing to be tolerated.


There is no reasoning with Trump or his surrogates, and definitely no rational behind his supporters, who care less about Trump facts. Trump is a genius at the Con, he did it with the GOP, he is doing to the democrats, he is successful in doing it to the media; and much to my dismay, it looks like he may well be able to play his biggest con against the very shaky form of democracy we still have left in this nation. In Reality TV, smoke and mirrors, shiny objects, and concocted story lines regarding the most evil of personalities is a winning package. I suppose this years election is exactly the same, what a sham and what a shame!