Friday, August 14, 2026

"I just can't!"

 Just when I think the craziness and delusion have peaked and there can be no more room for the insane or madness, I am rebuked by the newest actions of one of the most dangerous men on the planet, Trump!

“President Trump claimed during remarks on Long Island, N.Y., on Friday that he will make the Strait of Hormuz a U.S. territory, despite the fact that Oman and Iran share jurisdiction of the waterway. “Pretty soon, I will be declaring the Hormuz Strait a territory of the United States,” Trump said during an address highlighting his administration’s efforts to combat crime in the U.S. (The Hill)

The war, which was to be won in a month, give or take a few weeks; the war, which became a skirmish, or as Trump put it, an “excursion,” the Trump War, supported by one of the most inadequate and moronic Secretaries of Defense, Pistol Pete Hegseth, rages on and on and on. 

There is NO THERE, THERE, there is no long-term planning; there is only pain and suffering, and the steady pounding of Trump’s sick, sad, narcissistic ego, pretending that the War in Iran has been won, the Iranians have been defeated, and that the US can and will do as it wishes regarding the Strait of Hormuz. And because there is NO ONE identified as either a Republican or a member of the Trump Reich who dares to inform the demented Don about the truth, this idiot continues to provide a reality that he, and only he, lives in.

No snark, as I write this sentence, but seriously, how much longer can those in power permit this Twilight Zone mentality to continue without strongly intervening and taking control?