Sunday, October 10, 2010

come out

There have been, too numerous to think about, suicides by teens who happened among other things in this world to be Gay. As if an epidemic, kids who no longer can carry the burden of their truth, seem to finally give up and give in and instead of fighting to the end, end their lives. The shock, dismay, push from the LGBT community is palpable, the lack of concern the silence from the heterosexual world is deafening and dismal. Those who preach Family Values, those who seem to think they speak for God, those who silently shake their heads but do little more is sad and sorry. This is NOT an LGBT circumstance to be solved by Gays and Lesbians, this is a HUMAN problem to be approached and resolved by HUMANS. As Germany persecuted the Jews, the world was told it was a Jewish problem and thought that only Jews could solve it. Those who looked the other way, who thought once the Jews were disposed of the whole Nazi thing would end, those who denied anything was REALLY happening to the Jews were wrong, and many could not live with a clear conscience because they did not intervene. Nonetheless 6 million Jews died.

I am a Gay man and growing up I had to weigh the consequences of admitting out loud who I really was. I had no hero's, no role models, no one to talk to to ask for help. I had to fend for myself, thinking that if I could I would wish away the Gay. I did not know that Gay was okay I only knew that if I admitted to who I really was I was bad and I would pay all kinds of consequences for supposedly letting down my family, my self and my God. And I learned how to lie, live a lie and repress. And I never became fully me until I turned 37 when I came OUT. (Thank God I feared dying more than being Gay). What a waste of years and my opportunities.

How many more boys and girls have to die just because they love differently? How many families have to be destroyed because they are preached to by liars and losers that God did not create a Gay or Lesbian child? How many times do you have to look the other way and not come forward admitting YOU are prejudiced against Gays and Lesbians based on nothing more than religious dogma?

Why is the Pope so afraid of Gays? Are Gays more powerful than Jesus? Why are the Orthodox Jews so angry with Lesbians, are they afraid Lesbians will rewrite the 10 commandments?Why are the Muslims upset with homosexuality, will homo's climb the rock and overtake Muhammad? Why are the Baptists, Protestants, Evangelical Preachers thumping their Bibles over the LGBT community do they think the LGBT community has a stronger army of angels than their Creator?

How many more innocent kids have to die because NO ONE has come forward as their hero's as their mentors as being HUMAN? There is so much divisiveness in this nation. There are so many who want to keep apart all of us from understanding any of us. Look closely in your life and think hard about how many times someone has said derogatory things about you because they were jealous of you, because they didn't know you, because they were self loathing, because if they took the defense they never had to explain who they really were or what they were really all about.

Why do you hate? Is the hate based on fact or fear? Is the hate based on truth or not admitting the truth about yourself?

Feel safe chastising the LGBT kids? Feel comfortable pointing fingers away from yourself? In a world of anger, in a world of scapegoats, in a world of victimizing others no one is safe. A bully never wants to b confronted and found to be the failure. Someone is next. Will it be you?

We all need to come OUT from the confines of fear. We all need to come OUT and stop those who know no better from supporting suicide of LGBT youth. Is your conscience clear? Really?



No comments :