Tuesday, June 10, 2014

so sick

Texas Republicans have adopted a party platform that includes support for voluntary psychological "therapy" targeted at converting homosexuals to heterosexuals. The Texas Republicans' measure states that "We recognize the legitimacy and efficacy of counseling, which offers reparative therapy and treatment for those patients seeking healing and wholeness from their homosexual lifestyle. No laws or executive orders shall be imposed to limit or restrict access to this type of therapy.” (CNN.US)

Growing up in the 50’s whenever a bad guy was needed to move the plot along, he would be a thin man, very flashy in his dress, a sinister smile, slicked back hair and ooze with impropriety and of course misperceived values. He was a homosexual, the kind of guy you knew would steal your money, run you over, and of course lust after you and your son. In the 60’s the bad guy was seen walking the streets, perhaps hustling most likely shiftless always a con, he was a faggot. In the 70’s the drug abuser, the hapless, hopeless narcissist was always the character of choice to demonstrate good from bad, all American from just plain evil, he was the queer. With the onset of HIV-AIDS, the bogey man, the antagonist who represented all the selfish, self serving anti Christ angst in this nation was of course Gay. He was the one who was self destructive and had no redeeming core or morals. Growing up in this nation in the past 60 years, it was very difficult to identify with any individual who among his many qualities happened to be Gay who was not deemed to be anything but bad.

It took me 47 years to come to terms with part of my own Gay identity. I always wanted to run from the BAD words like Homo, Fag, Queer and Gay. I believed from all of the marketing on the silver screen small screen, politics and organized religious institutions that even the mere mutter of anything homosexual would destroy my life and of course the lives of those I called family and friends. I fought hard to not be Gay, I fought harder to deny a piece of my life that was just as important as being Dad, a Brother, a Son, a Communal Worker, and American. But finally sanity persevered and the realization that I am who I am is natural and correct won the battle. I am Gay and it is a natural way of life for me.


And now a bunch of bigoted blow hards more afraid of their own lack of heterosexuality, fearful of their own perceived masculinity are trying once again to tell the world if you are Gay you are not natural and you are certainly sick.A bunch of con artists at the ready to use Jesus, fiction, falsehood and baloney to sell their dark and dirty trade have inspired a bunch of religious jihadists and idiots to pass laws calling me and all of my Gay brothers and sisters sick. I have had enough of separate not equal. I have had enough of bogus religion.I have had enough of insecure men and women so repressed in their own dismal lives trying to put me down. I have had enough of politicians who have no understanding of democracy. Perhaps if these jokers are so concerned about reparative therapy they might check themselves into a mental health clinic and wonder why they are so afraid of their own heterosexuality! 

No comments :