Monday, October 2, 2017

another crisis

Another crisis and another opportunity to hear three true to form comments from our Politicians: “OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS," “NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO DISCUSS IT," “LETS NOT BRING POLITICS INTO THE ISSUE WHILE WE ARE GRIEVING”. 

Whenever I hear the word “THOUGHTS” from politicians, I picture a Cartoonist drawing a replica of Rich Uncle Penny Bags from the game Monopoly. As most cartoonists create the comic they draw an oval shaped cloud emitting from the cartoon character’s mouth and all I see in the oval shaped cloud is nothing, not the word nothing, but a blank cloud, empty of any thought, or I think of Homer Simpson lying on his hammock dreaming and as he drools all he says is BEER. Whenever I hear politicians say the word PRAYERS, I immediately see Alfred E. Neuman sitting upon some golden throne with puffy clouds around him, a few cherubs and some angels, and with that sinister Mad Magazine grin so very pronounced by his face I hear him say, “What Me Worry!” 

Whenever I hear Politicians say “NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO DISCUSS IT," my mind wanders to the doctors office. Sitting on the exam table is a very over weight person, who’s belt buckle is ready to explode, who has a blood pressure cup reading 300 over 300, and whose veins in his neck look like lava flow. The doctor says to the patient, lets discuss your diet, but the patients mother is standing beside hime with a whole apple pie and she says , let him finish his dessert first.


Whenever I hear Politicians demand that, “LETS NOT BRING POLITICS INTO THE ISSUE WHILE WE ARE GRIEVING," I picture the logos’s of the NRA and ExxonMobile all dressed as gangsters, with dark suits and of course a black triangle hood over their mouths, very thin eyes, each Logo Man is holding bags with the word billions written on them. Standing next to these Logo Men are a bunch of either overweight men and women or some very thin people with no backbone, grinning eagerly with their hands out, all wearing the letter P for politician. Standing behind the politicians is the Grimm Reaper with his blade, leaning in toward the politicians and all he says is “Good Job Brownie!”