Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Condolence

Today I write a blog, as I if was sending a note of sympathy to a dear friend or family member upon their loss of a loved one, whose terminal illness, FINALLY claimed a life, loved and revered by the survivors. It’s a note that acknowledges those who tried every newly acclaimed physician, every ingenious treatment plan, any and all drugs available, those who helped the patient to thrive, not just survive; but in time discovered the illness was terminal. I also write to the friends and family members who resisted the truth, who pretended the patient would miraculously recover; for them, this was just a phase, something that would and should lead to a happily ever after…but didn’t! Today, I feel the bitterness of loss, knowing that maybe if the patient hadn’t smoked, hadn’t been gluttonous, hadn’t had to suffer the invisible signs of addiction, or mental illness, sometimes alone, sometimes afraid, and most times too ashamed to ask for help. Today I write regarding the enablers of that patient, ignoring the medical truth but pursuing their own agenda’s, for fear that the weakness THEY suffered from would be discovered, and their pride and ego would be found nothing but a fraud.

Our nation has and is permitting anarchy to reign as free as the now poisonous waste poured into the streams and rivers from corporations more interested in profits, and their shareholders than the environment. The art of deception, deceit, corruption, contempt for the Constitution and a revolting retrospect of what and where religion belongs in our nation and our hearts have become so overpowering, that I also continue this blog as if I were writing a letter of condolence for a nation, filled with past flaws, but almost had a chance for a better tomorrow.

I am tired of the Kellyanne’s, the Lindsey’s the McConnell’s Evangelical Preachers, selling out their love for Jesus to be paid off by activist Christian Judges, and for my own religious, Jewish wealthy donors whose disregard for their own families struggles and the denial of all historical pogroms generations of their lineage suffered. I am tired that to be brown or black, is as a target, to be randomly arrested or thrown into American Concentration Camps. And I so tired of pretending that the Democratic Party actually knows what they are doing…while IN FACT, they are ONLY, once again acting out the wishes of the Trump-Republican Fascist’s!

In the past few months, my family has lost four members, people we loved who died for a variety of reasons. I have not truly cried, or sulked, but I have been depressed and sullen; for their losses and NOW for what I witness as a Terminal Death of MY country. I suffer from whatever “The Trump Syndrome” a name the psychiatric profession has tried to identify. But more than that I hurt and hurt deeply that America has never resolved its disdain and distrust of the imaginary OTHER.  I write this blog with a heavy heart!