There is a plethora of angsty, sad, sickening, sobering, and downright “just how fucked up as a nation we have become stories for me to rant and rave about as I write my blog. I mean: Senator Mitch McConnell was hospitalized on June 14, 2026, and as of September 1, 2026, it has been 78 days since his hospitalization. (PBS), The Iran war began on February 28, 2026, and is ongoing as of August 24, 2026, making it approximately 178 days long. (PBS), The Epstein Files Transparency Act required the Department of Justice to release all files within 30 days of its enactment on November 19, 2025, which means the deadline was December 19, 2025. As of today, September 1, 2026, it has been over 255 days since that deadline (Britannica)…just to name a few.
But as I ponder and worry, feeling the pit of “that is just not right”, pain in my gut gets worse and worse, wondering if there will actually be free and fair Midterms, if Trump will try to invade Canada, concerned about Trump’s love affair with Putin, and Trump’s lack of love for anything that has to do with domestic health and welfare, I came across a very hopeful headline, which at first seems a bit whimsical, but once I read the article, it became a much needed act of DEFIANCE, against the absurdity that is, in fact, so Trumpian.
‘We’re not changing it’: SoCal-based Mapquest takes stand against Trump’s ‘Lake America’ Like a voice of dissent from 2005, the mapping site holds firm to Lake Ontario despite Trump’s executive order stemming from his escalating trade war with Canada. (Los Angeles Times).
Because Trump says so is not good enough for me. Because he pretends to be a King, and the Republican majority in Congress acquiesces, is not good enough for me. The mere fact that the art of denying Trump the last word is lost is not good enough for me. So when a person or entity actually says NO, no matter how small a gesture it may be, I find a ray of hope. Imagine if the Supreme Court, or the Congress of the United States, finally said No, you are a crazy person, and not only crazy but wrong.