Thursday, October 22, 2015

Route 66

If you ever plan to motor West
Travel my way take the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66
Won't you get hip to this timely tip
When you make that California trip?
Get your kicks on Route 66
Get your kicks on on Route 66
Get your kicks on Route 66 (“Route 66-lyrics Nat King Cole)

Roads once traveled, I have adventured quite many of them. Now it seems I have finally traversed a very famous one Route 66. I planned on motoring west and before me was a world of triumph, tears, surprise, sadness, hurry, hurrah,purpose and peace! As the lyrics infer I got my kicks headed toward this famous highway, and have had to kick a few obstacles out of the way to indeed move ahead. 66 years old, when did it happen, sometimes how the hell did it happen, and I suppose what happens next? 


I often times remark on horizons just in arms reach, yet when attempted seem a bit further than that; but insist that facing forward finding them has meaning and the meanderings are worth the effort. I know that life planned sometimes falls flat but in its wake is a life lived with surprise and that makes it so special. I have been honored and blessed to include in my travels NOW as I approach route 66 family and friends who have provided me with great memories, madness, mayhem and magic. Who knows what lies ahead, but looking in front of me keeps me aware and awake; but I must also turn my head just to remember the roads which have led me to today! I am warmed and comforted by the greetings received helping me celebrate my birthday. I plan on getting my kicks on Route 66 and hope all the people in my life continue along for the ride!

No comments :