Friday, October 7, 2016

an afternoon constitutional

I have a kind of ritual in the morning, waking up to tell my husband I love him, give some kisses to our pup, brush my teeth, do my daily constitutional and blog about Trump/His Surrogates/and his willing henchmen and women the GOP. Five tasks to help me greet the day (actually four as anything Trump is like pooping). I usually feel relieved and can carry on. It is 2:50 in the afternoon in LA and by some unusual occurrence I had the TV tuned to CNN (I used to love CNN when they were a serious new outlet), thinking it was MSNBC (some questionable opinions about that outlet also). And low and behold between the CNN meteorologists who prefer to be the news (standing stupidly in the winds and rain, rather than reporting the news), were two CNN NEWS STORIES, which made me stop, yell at the TV, and realize just how un- professionally journalistic of a nation we have become.

The first NEWS UPDATE from CNN was a story that Donald Trump (this time at least they used the word, ALLEGES) that Hillary is resting instead of prepping for the so-called debate on Sunday (if you are of any intelligence and have either attending a high school or college debate, you certainly know the difference between pure entertainment and a debate) So, now we are NEWS ALERTED to Donald Trump’s machinations. (We all should know by now, again, a question of intelligence) that any time Trump alleges anything about another person it is ONLY because he is such a narcissist, that all he is actually doing is admitting his own behavior out loud. The second Trump NEWS ALERT, was about a conversation he had with some wanna be entertainment host bragging about kissing women, inviting them to his apartment and of course being a KISSING MAGNET, for only the HOT BABES. I guess this time around he listened to one of his marionettes, and did the 2010’s political version of an apology saying, “If I offended anyone, I apologize.” But being Trump he then added, “…my comments were mild co pared to what Bill Clinton told me on the golf course.” I usually enjoy twice daily constitutional but after hearing all of the CNN BS, I head to the bathroom.


A PS to this BS. I began thinking about all of the Evangelicals who praise Trump as a gift from God. In particular, my thoughts traveled to the Cruz family and in particular Teddy and Heidi’s two daughters. I am sure when Teddy decided that his political career was more important than morals or values he told his daughters that sometimes while carrying his assault weapon Jesus, proclaimed that hypocrisy is a virtue. But I really have to wonder what Heidi and Teddy will tell their daughters regarding the misogynistic man named Trump. Two young women, and their Mommy and Daddy support a PIG to be president. I wonder how they will explain what Jesus would do about this!