Sunday, October 2, 2016

New Year

This Eve, is a reminder for many Jews, that we can begin again. Not exactly start all over, but to ponder our propositions of the past, reprioritize them and redefine our future. It may take form as a treacherous road full of redemption or a boulevard wide with potential and promise. It is OUR journey, but a lesson we must learn in life, is that WE never truly travel alone.

Tradition, for many Jews is that on Rosh HaShannah, a new Book of Life is opened, the prologue perhaps filled with the memories of the past, with flurries of what if’s, why not’s and how come’s. For some it is a mystery, clues abound but no solution to the struggles which came before, so how can we even consider what comes after. For some, it seems repetitive, I did, I wished I had, I know I had, I think I can do it again.  For others the emptiness of the first chapter intrigues imagination, and entices empathy, sympathy, and harmony.


Religious or not, reliant on God or a higher power, or not; we all need to be able to reflect, inspect, and remember who WE are in this life, and how we impact the millions of lives around us. We can ask for forgiveness from others, but we must first understand our intentions before WE can make amends. Shana Tova!