Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Edge

I have reached a moment, if that is the correct word, or a sense, if that is even a better word, or just my end of the road, of understanding the period of history in which I am a participant; maybe thats the phrase I am stumbling over trying to identify. I hear the news, it sounds like a blurry foghorn, I read the blogs and articles on social media, they look like dots and dashes of some mysterious Morse Code, and I try to write my perceptions of right and wrong, good and bad, sometimes thinking there really is no more standards by which the human race must participate. Sometimes I feel like saying “I told you so," but to whom, exactly, to the same people who easily could parrot my own words to me with just as much frustration in their emotion. I feel like shouting, “Its there, right in front of our faces , all of the clues, which are not clues but blatant facts of lies and misdeeds,” but to whom, exactly am I saying this to, because they already knew what was happening as it was happening. I am not the smartest human in the world, but at times the obvious just seems so VERY OBVIOUS, and yet all the media seems to do is debate, almost to delete the truth and replace it with well maybe, or perhaps. My parents explained that somethings have no lets discuss it, but are based on truth, on honesty, on sincerity and full of values. I have reached my edge of the cliff, where the huge expanse of nothingness seems a whole lot more attractive than the phony, the ineffectual, nefarious, machinations of the Republican Party and Trump’s apocalyptic environment, of payoffs, bribery, blackmail and total disregard for the quality of life for anyone but the politicians and their wealthy donors. Honestly, if the Earth dies, doesn’t that preclude that everyone goes along for the ride, if US democracy is doomed, eventually won’t that mean a large majority of even Republicans will be held captive? If Trump wins won’t everyone else who is not Trump lose?


The Russians have declared cyber war on the US Way back when Mitch McConnell decided to override everything coming from Obama, he knew very well about the Russian influence. The media pretended that Trump was a ratings delight  side show worth advertising money, and that Hillary was easy game to be made the fool. Never a tax return nor a real business plan from Trump and that was okay. The NRA receives gifts from Oligarchs, Trump Jr brags that the only banks he needs money from are the Russian owned. Last minute states where Hillary was WAY ahead turn Republican. Lies, and lies and lies, never questioned just commented on. And now anyone Trump, except Trump is under arrest or under strict overview. And all Trump Tweets is how everyone but the Russians are guilty of anarchy. I have reached that point of light in my life where I am blinded my the mere idiocy of those who continue to play by the rules but NEVER EVER demand the Republicans or Trump does the same. I am so close to the edge of losing my mind!