Tuesday, October 13, 2020

madmen across the water

 “I can see very well

There's a boat on the reef with a broken back
And I can see it very well
There's a joke and I know it very well
It's one of those that I told you long ago
Take my word I'm a madman, don't you know.” (Madman Across the Water/Bernie Taupin)

 

To be fortunate enough, music, from your life, in your life, during your life, HAD provided meaning to your life, and along with loves gained, and lost, a moment of magic and mayhem, sheer bedlam or badass wonderful, music, seeped into the same orifices as oxygen and flowed throughout your soul. Bernie Taupin’s (lyricist) and early Elton John’s (composer) music clung to me while hiding in the shadows of a closet, as I forced forward in the turbulent ’60s and ’70s, and NOW, when I need my security blanket most, still remain as close to me as my shadow. I so desperately must find solace, not via just my family and friends, but INDEED, seek hope, in what might have once been considered NORMAL life and NORMAL values. So, like that T-shirt, the one you always thought made you so good looking, or those jeans size 29, that you know one day maybe you will wear again, or that high school yearbook, with the notes from the kids, who told you the sky was the limit, I listen to MY MUSIC…finding pleasure then and great relevance now.

 

“Once a fool had a good part in the play
If it's so would I still be here today
It's quite peculiar in a funny sort of way
They think it's very funny everything I say
Get a load of him, he's so insane
You better get your coat dear
It looks like rain, yeah.”(Madman Across the Water/Bernie Taupin)

 

And now, speaking of fools, and (COME ON AMERICA, by now the list of FOOLS has grown and spread during the Trump Administration even more readily than our current Pandemic) The newest fool is named Dr. Sean Conley since March 28, 2018, he had decided to remove his true medical oath and replace it with JUST one, that of adoring and adorning Trump. And Sean, (why even provide him with the respect of calling him a DOCTOR,) has replaced his Hippocratic Oath (an oath of ethics historically taken by physicians), for a Hypocritic onslaught ( a barrage of false narratives and nonsense placing the public’s health at risk,) and now is pretending that The CORONAVIRUS, is just MEH, the 215,000 dead, just losers, and the 7.84 million infected, no big deal because SEAN has become a politician instead of a physician! “Just following order, Herr Commandant!”) 

 

Add the name (One, who the LGBTQ/WOMEN/IMMIGRANTS/and NON CHRISTIANS should fear, once the Supreme Court becomes the wrecking ball to tear down the wall between Church and State) of Joshua David Hawley an American lawyer and politician serving as the junior U.S. Senator from Missouri “For years Republican senators have promised that they would confirm pro-Constitution, pro-life justices to that bench. Now it’s time to do it,” “No more stealth nominees. No more secret moderates. We need a strong, tough conservative, someone who understands that Roe, for instance, was wrongly decided,” Hawley said.  But America, remember this: The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition.  It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and  Restricting and individuals' religious practices. Josh ( again no respect for the man who somehow considers freedom of religion different than freedom FROM religion) added, I'm talking about a religious test for office." Joshua seems to confuse the US Constitution with his own version of the New Testament!

 

I can see very well
There's a boat on the reef with a broken back
And I can see it very well
There's a joke and I know…
.”(Madman Across the Water/Bernie Taupin)