Thursday, December 10, 2020

Hannukah oh Hannukah

 “Hannukah oh Hannukah, let’s light the Menorah, let’s have a party we’ll all dance the hora…” and then we will have a Kosher Super Spreader event, in which with each potato latke we eat let us also share a bit of spittle and particles of COVID, so they too shall be spread so for the next 8 nights like the candles on the menorah, permitting the miracle of the CORONAVIRUS to spread and spread and spread, as an extra special gift, unwrapped due to too few wearing masks or social distancing.

 

Over 100 people attended one of two Trump Administration Official Hannukah Parties, the first held in the afternoon and the second in the evening. At the second party, the one Trump decided to attend, Trump once again falsely claimed to have won the election, saying 'We won it by more than the first one'  Unlike at previous Hanukkah parties, there was no formal candle-lighting (Harretz)

 

“Let me just wish everybody a happy Hanukkah, and to about three of you here a merry Christmas,” the president joked to laughter from the crowd, filled largely with supporters along with some Jewish community leaders. “This is the one that everyone wants tickets to… I see the faces [of] a lot of friends [here], a lot of talent here,” Trump told the crowd. Zionist Organization of America board chairman Mark Levenson, who attended the first reception, said that while he understood why some were hesitant to attend, it was important for him to show up in order to demonstrate “hakarat hatov,” or gratitude, to the president. Rabbi Jill Jacobs, who heads T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights, called the event a “hillul Hashem,” or desecration of God’s name. (The Times of Israel)

 

I am a human, I am an American, I am a human, American who happens to practice Judaism, I am a father, a husband, an uncle, a son-in-law have dozens of friends, an extended family, and I am a member of a community POPULATED not of just one person, but thousands of people, and I read this story and all I want to do is PUKE. As a HUMAN, I am appalled at the indifference demonstrated toward my own species is it was of no concern to those who attended. As an AMERICAN, it is with great disbelief, that those in attendance are arrogant, ignorant, selfish citizens, providing no cares and giving NOT one fuck toward the lives and deaths of people soon to suffer from COVID, AND THOSE WHO HAVE DIED. As a FATHER, FAMILY MEMBER, AND FRIEND, I am as angry that those in attendance, could give one shit toward those I love and for whom I love. As a Jew, I amaze at the lack of intelligence toward science, medicine, and fact, that I had expected from others within my own religion, and see, in its place, nothing but stupid men and women caring less about the greater good, preferring their own imaginary needs! I also wonder, for all of these American Jewish leaders, if they were able to hob-nob with some of the “Good Nazi’s,” Trump loves to brag about!