Thursday, December 17, 2020

Herd this?

 Joe and I are sitting in our home, as for us, since moving from LA, we have our first wind/rain/sleet/and the fattest snowflake storm madly marauding manically via the machinations of Mother Nature.  Darkness has descended early once again, and I know until the Winter’s Solstice, the word afternoon ends at about 3pm and for insanity, it might as well be night, maybe even midnight outside! We earlier in the day, shoveled the snow that accumulated overnight reminding me of my youth in Pittsburgh, (except here on the Cape, once we shovel snow, we do not have to place a lounge chair or piece of furniture in the parking space, a winter ritual known and loved AND hated in the city of Pittsburgh). It was a hardy, kind of day, cold brisk air, loads of exercise, the kind of wet snow, made for snowballs or creating snowmen, strenuous to shovel, but once finished, providing some kind of “GOTCHA”,  toward the elements. Our home has the cozy lighting, the comfy sofa in our family room, which invites the right to take a snooze atmosphere, and hinting THAT maybe for once, all is well! (Also, INSIDE, a comforting place to hide from the chaos of weather, and the catastrophes of Trump!) Having promised myself, to limit my intake of Cable News (my addiction being MSNBC), I decided to treat myself to my new best TV host Nicolle Wallace and figured just a little bit to see if the USA was still a country and if somehow overnight, Trump had flown to Moscow, to take up permanent residence. I discovered we remained a nation albeit, one in great flux and frustration, and FUCK, Trump still remains in this country!

 

Immediately, as the opening credits flashed by, for Deadline Washington, the first scenes were the protestors in the MAGA-Nation of Idaho, protesting (of course with their weapons of war hanging on their bodies as if they were show and tell items for masculinity) at the homes of health officials who simply wanted to issue, mask mandates and social distancing procedures. Carrying American Flags, (as if that would show that nasty Chinese Flu who was the boss), these morons, these ideologues, these braindead maggots have decided that death and dying is no big deal because of course they have been told by Trump and his anti-science thugs, only believe in fiction and disregard anything with fact. Then as if, watching people collecting to create mass murder, was not ENOUGH, the storyline focused on a POLITICO report coming from INSIDE THE WHITE HOUSE, that all along with HERD IMMUNITY, and LET THEM GET INFECTED, was the COVID-19 game plan. DIE DMAN YOU DIE!

 

It was then, looking outside at the now howling wind and the franticly swaying evergreens watching swaths of hail hit our windows, I would have rather found myself outside, then in front of my television. FUCK! Keeping my head about me, I turned off the remote, still feeling frustrated, walked into my office, and decided, just one more blog would make things a little better, or at least tone down the pressure cooker of my angst. And then I wanted to say, let the fools of the MAGA-Nation of Idaho, be granted their wish, and one by one, permit HERD IMMUNITY to just catch up with ALL of them!