Monday, January 23, 2017

COME ON

I decided after Putin placed trump in the Oval Office, I would detox from Cable or Network and kick my addiction to what I realized was entertainment wrapped in a box pretending to be news. (Where are Edward R Murrow and Walter Cronkite when you need them). Any item of the day I discover through various organizations that actually report the news and don’t try to BE the news. BUT, it seems that my gym now plays CNN on the screens in the locker room, and today was a very busy day in the locker room and i had to wait my turn to get to my locker because men my age apparently need to lay out their three towels, their underwear, shoes and socks on the bench and somehow prefer to stand not only in front of their own locker but the lockers adjoining them on either side. So I was stuck, either listening to the kvetching, complaining or just meandering thoughts of yesteryear (The times I was growing up)

There they were on CNN actually debating with a Trump-E-Teer, if there is such a thing as Alternative News…YES, they were debating with a Trump talking head regarding Alternative News, as if it was a THING! Well, here is the THING…The Republicans are great Con Artists, and they know exactly how to set a Roach Motel trap for both the Dems and of course as Sarah Palin seemingly now, put it the Lame Street Press. And it works all the time. First the GOP coin a phrase, like Death Panels, Mushroom Cloud, etc and suddenly all we (The supposedly educated folk discuss are Death Panels/Mushroom Clouds and now Alternative News, AS IF any of that stuff was ever real! The Republicans are sooooooo, good at the con, and the Dems and the Lame Street Press love spending their last nickel trying to decide under which cup is the ball or worse, another taste of Snake Oil! OY VEY, already, stop! 


I am not a journalist/reporter/tv executive but dudes and dude-ettes get a back bone or better yet a brain cell. CNN, here is how you handle this newest star in the galaxy of Double Speak by anyone Trump. You start out your news show (Its really a form of entertainment) by saying: Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the Trump administrations Alternative News, speak clearly and slowly give it about three minutes, stupid is easy to sum up quickly, THEN in a more dignified voice you learned from Announcer School, say: Now Ladies and Gentlemen here are the facts! Wham, bam and thank you Sir and Ma’m. Seems simple to me!